4| The Abyss of Despair

talking : " My name is Jeff "
whispering : " oh sheeeeeshhh "
screaming : " I AM QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!! "
skills : [Gates of Babylon]
thoughts : Gilgamesh, is that you!?
threatening/ corrupted : Hoho!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[3rd POV]

*bump* a few small rocks fell on the blondie's head 

" Ugh... " (Y/N) groaned as he opened his eyes. 

He tried to move, but to no avail. His limbs are all trapped inside the rubble. 

" I guess I'm stuck now, huh? If Kurumi was here, I bet she would make fun of me, saying " Oh no, step-bro is stuck! ", right...? " (Y/N) laughed a bit

" I remember hugging her when we feel down, wonder where she is right now... "

" To answer that question, she's in a crater next to you "

A mysterious male voice was heard. 

" Who!? "

" Me? It's still not the right time to review myself. However, I take it that you want to escape the mess that you are trapped in, don't you? "

" Yes. How do I do that, Mr. Mysterio? "

" Already giving me a nickname, I see? Well, it's fine. Now, to get out of here, you need to imagine "

" Imagine..? What does that have to do with helping me get out? "

" Now now, let me finish, will ya? Imagine your magic power channeling through your limbs "

" Ok " (Y/N) did as instructed. It was hard, but a few moments later, he found out how it works. 

The flow of magic power is similar to blood's. He visualized his magic power flowing into his limbs from the heart. 

" So, instead of having had to say out loud those embarrassing chants or skill names, I could just have done this the whole time!? Why didn't I try this out sooner??? *sigh* Rudeus would be disappointed "

" Bruh..., now I want you to coat your entire body with a layer of thin ice "

(Y/N) didn't really understand what a thin layer could do, but he did so anyway. His body started to emit a cold mist as it began to harden and became a 1 millimeter layer of ice. His hands and legs weren't pressed anymore, and that was a relief.

" Woah... "

" Good. I'll tell you about this thing. This is like a barrier that is made of your elemental magic. Despite being hard and durable, it is actually flexible and you can move freely with it activated "

" Hmmm... kinda like...

" If you're thinking it's like Gojo Satoru's [Limitless] then yes, you can think of it like that. However, this barrier of yours is able to freeze whatever touches it, not slowing them down "

" Huh, neat... but how tf do you know about Gojo??? "

" Cause we're in your subconsciousness? "

" Wait, we've been here since the beginning??? "

" Ermm... yeah "

" Wtf... Ok, I'll let that slip for now... how do I come back to the real world? "

" Imagine " said the voice playfully

" I swear I can feel you doing a smug face... whatever "

" Welp, good luck out there "

" Thanks, Mysterio "