9| Parasite

talking : " My name is Jeff "
whispering : " oh sheeeeeshhh "
screaming : " I AM QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!! "
skills : [Gates of Babylon]
thoughts : Gilgamesh, is that you!?
threatening/ corrupted : Hoho!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[3rd POV]

" Da-a, damn! "

"... Hajime, Fight... '

" You're too carefree! "

Currently, they were traversing through savage grass with Yue on his shoulder. These grass grew up to 160 cm and went up to his shoulders. If Yue were to walk in this, her figure would disappear. Then came the reason for their escaping through this grass.

"""Shaa!!"""

There were nearly 200 demons chasing them.

After Hajime had finished resupplying, they had advanced 10 levels. Hajime's equipment and skills were useful in their journey, and (Y/N)'s, Yue's magic was also a big factor in their progress.

(Y/N) would freeze the monsters, Yue could use any magic, Hajime supported them with his skills, while Kurumi and her clones shot down every enemies. Granted, Yue's barrier and recovery magic were not that great. Since she had [Auto Regen], she probably thought it was unnecessary. Hajime had no problem because he had his "potion".

That is how they advanced to their current level. The floor had an appearance of an extensive forest. Lush and dense trees over 10 m tall lined the forest, and the atmosphere was damp. Hajime was glad it wasn't hot, like the tropical forest level he encountered previously.

While they were searching for the stairs to the lower floor, they felt a rumbling below the ground occur. A demon that reminded Hajime of a huge reptile appeared in front of them. It look like a Tyrannosaurus rex, but there was a flower on its head. Sharp tusks thirsting for blood surged from the powerful beast, and the sunflower-like flower fluttered on top.

What an odd creature.

Tyrannosaurus rex gave out a roar and rushed at them.

Hajime started to take out Donner... but before that, Yue raised her hand.

" Scarlet Spear! "

A flame appeared at Yue's hand that spiralled into a spear form. The spear shot pierced through the T-Rex's mouth, and penetrated out the back. Its life ended as the surroundings melted. A rumble sounded as the T-Rex fell sideways onto the ground, and the flower on its head plopped onto the ground.

"..."

Hajime stayed silent for a bit. Yue seemed to be incomparably intense these days. In the beginning, she would devote herself to covering Hajime. On their journey she started to instantly kill any monsters that opposed Hajime. 

He started to feel depressed about being useless. Is it because he dragged his feet and it was over before he could do anything? His mind was seized with anxiety. If such a thing was true, he was going to have a blow to his confidence.

He address Yue with a forced smile as he kept Donner in his hands.

" Ah, Yue? It's good to be enthusiastic but... Recently, I feel like I haven't done much... "

Yue turned to look at Hajime, and Hajime could see a slight proud look in her expressionless face.

"...I just wanted to be useful... because I'm your partner... "

Seems like she wasn't content with just covering Hajime. He did think that since they were going to travel together from now on as partners, they should rely on each other. Immediately after, Yue collapsed due to using up all her magic. Hajime had said it to comfort her after she was released... it seems to have remained deep in her mind. She had wanted to show her worth as their partner.