14| Shia wants to join

talking : " My name is Jeff "
whispering : " oh sheeeeeshhh "
screaming : " I AM QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!! "
skills : [Gates of Babylon]
thoughts : Gilgamesh, is that you!?
threatening/ corrupted : Hoho!
telepathic : ( I think I've bored my therapist )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

" Father! "

" Shia! You're safe! "

" Yeah! And I brought help, as well! "

The one who responded to her was a middle-aged, rabbit-eared man with short, dark blue hair. It was clear who the rabbit-eared man was. This spectacle gave him a surreal feeling, especially after seeing how the Hyverias (Those flying monsters) were taken down. After calming down, Shia immediately began to explain to the Rabbitman tribe what happened while she was gone and the promise Hajime had made to her. Knowing that they had been saved, the entire tribe looked towards Hajime.

"Shall I call you Hajime-dono? I am Kam Haulia, Shia's father and also the chief of the Haulia tribe. I cannot thank you enough for helping Shia and our tribe escape this precarious predicament. To even go as far as helping us flee from the empire, as a father and chief of my tribe, I wish to express my humble gratitude."

Kam, who introduced himself as the chief of the Haulia tribe, immediately bowed down to him. Behind him, the other Haulia tribe members mirrored his gesture.

" Uh, shouldn't you be thanking those two? And please, raise your head. Don't forget: after escaping the empire, you'll be our guides into the [Haltina Sea of Trees]... Also, how can you trust us so easily? Demi-humans and humans don't have good relations with each other, after all..."

Forget about Shia, in this world, demi-humans were discriminated against worldwide. It was a human empire that had cornered the Haulia tribe. Despite that, they bowed down toward Hajime, who was a human and even accepted Hajime's help. Even though this was their only choice for survival, hadn't they made this decision too quickly? Hajime started to doubt them whilst concealing his concerns.

In response, Kam answered with a wry smile.

"Shia trusts you, and so by extension, we trust you as well; because we are a family..."

Hearing his answer, Hajime was astonished, admiring their naive solidarity. For a tribe to leave their nation for the sake of a single girl, then trust a human they knew nothing about, they must be a foolhardy group that threw caution to the wind; they were kind to a fault.

"Ehehe, it's okay, father. Even though Hajime is unmerciful towards women, unconcerned with others, and cruel enough to use others as bait, he will surely keep his promise! He is not like those scum that tramples over others' hopes! He will protect us for sure!"

"Hahaha, is that so? So he's a shy one, isn't he? If that's so, I will believe in him."

Hearing Shia and Kam, the other tribe members murmured in agreement while looking at Hajime with warmth in their eyes.

Hajime, irritated enough to pop of blood vessel, started to pull out Donner when he was suddenly ambushed.

"... Nn, Hajime is a shy one... even in bed..."

"Yue!?"

" There's no point arguing, bro " (Y/N) looked at him with sympathy

" Fuck my life... "

Their dialogue had given the demonic beasts enough time to begin gathering around their current camp, so it would be troublesome if they continued to linger any longer.

Thus, they began their march towards the exit of the [Raisen Great Canyon].

Several demonic beasts tried to attack them but to no avail. Those that tried to assault the Rabbitman tribe had their heads blown off with a flash without exception.