12| Preparing for departure

talking : " My name is Jeff "
whispering : " oh sheeeeeshhh "
screaming : " I AM QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!! "
skills : [Gates of Babylon]
thoughts : Gilgamesh, is that you!?
threatening/ corrupted : Hoho!
telepathic : ( I think I've bored my therapist )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

" I see you have arrived here after overcoming my trials. My name is Oscar Orcus, the person who created this dungeon. If I said one of the Traitors, would you understand? "

Seems like the person speaking was Oscar Orcus. The creator of the "Orcus Dungeon". Hajime was surprised but kept listening.

" Ah, please don't ask questions. This is just a recording, unfortunately, and it wouldn't be able to answer your questions. For whoever may reach this place, I will impart the truth of the world and what we fought for... this is the leftover message. So please, I want you to listen... We are traitors... but we are also not. "

Then Orcus started his story. This story was much different from the known history that the church taught and what Yue explained to him; it shocked him.

A/N : I'm gonna skip this part :D

" I don't know who you are ,or what reason you arrived here for. I will not coerce you into killing God. However, I wanted you to know what we stood for.

... To you, I grant my powers. You are free to use it as you will. Please do not use this power to satisfy the evil in your heart. Our conversation is at an end. Thank you for listening. Now your free will won't be under supervision. "

After he finished what he said, the recorded image of Orcus disappeared. Something invaded Hajime's mind at the same time. His mind ached with a throb, but endured it quietly because it imprinted knowledge of a certain magic.

Soon, both the pain and magic formation settled. Hajime slowly exhaled.

" Hajime... are you okay? "

" Ah, I'm fine... kind of. I just heard something immense. "

"...Okay...What do you want to do? "

" Yeah? Nothing in particular? Being summoned without permission and asking us to fight in a war was bothersome. I don't even know what's going on with this world. Looking for a way to the surface and going home, that's my only goal... Are you bothered by it, Yue? "

The previous Hajime would probably do something. However, his values had changed and it allowed him to ignore Orcus' plight. This world should have its own people deal with their problems, but Yue was a resident of this world. Since he couldn't leave her alone, he had to consider what she wanted. He couldn't cut off Yue like he did Orcus, because their relationship was a lot closer. Hajime asked her for her thoughts, but after a slight hesitation she shook her head.

" My only place is by your side... otherwise I don't care. "

She snuggled up to Hajime and took his hand. Yue tried to convey her true feelings as she grasped his hand. In the past, she had devoted everything for her country, and then got betrayed by those she trusted and not a single person attempted to save her. For Yue after her long imprisonment, this world was just a prison to her.

Hajime was the one to save her from that hell. That's why being beside Hajime was her everything.

Her feelings for Hajime put a smile on both (Y/N) and Kurumi's faces, it was so wholesome that it felt like a cure for everything in life... ah, love.

"... Is that so. "

Hajime was slightly embarrassed. He cleared his throat to try to disguise it, and told Yue what he gained from the magic circle.