13| Physical Aqua!?

talking : " My name is Jeff "
whispering : " oh sheeeeeshhh "
screaming : " I AM QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!! "
skills : [Gates of Babylon]
thoughts : Gilgamesh, is that you!?
threatening/ corrupted : Hoho!
telepathic : ( I think I've bored my therapist )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Still 3rd POV]

Their view was filled with the light from the magic circle; the air felt different, although nothing could be seen. It was different from the air at the depths of hell. Sensing a breeze, Hajime's cheeks began to loosen.

The sight that came into view after the light settled was...

A cave.

" Wait, what? "

" Maybe it's a secret passage to the surface? Not everyone can reach the abode, anyways " (Y/N) said as tried to use his "Presence Perception" to pick up any signs of enemies ahead

" The passage is clear of monsters, let's go "

"Alright, I'll believe you with this one "

On the way, although there were many doors with seals and traps, the Orcus Ring would react at every instance, canceling their activation altogether. The four of them were cautious at first as they continued but soon lost interest as nothing happened. Their uneventful advance continued until they finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel. It was the sun; the light which (Y/N), Kurumi, Hajime, for the past few months, and Yue, for the past three hundred years, had sought after.

They came to a stop; they grinned. Exchanging glances, they simultaneously ran toward the light that they yearned for.

As they approached the light gradually grew, and they could feel and breathe the air from the surface. It was different from the stagnant air of hell, being cool and refreshing. They never knew how delicious fresh air could be until this moment.

Feeling renewed and gratified, they all jumped into the light and reached the long-awaited surface.

" We... made it ba-

" UWOUGHHHH IT'S THE MOTHERFUCKING SURFACE!!! AHAHAHAHAHA " (Y/N) was running around screaming in happiness

" Ugh... " The others were just speechless

" HAHAHAH- Go to hell, dense bitches! YA-YEET! " He's now seen killing off the monsters that were surrounding them by... throwing pencils at their face, blowing their heads with only one shot

" What the fu-

" Kurumi! I sense something useless and cliché approaching! Let's hide! "

" What do you me-

" Heelph me~e! Hiiiiii~~? I'm dying! I'm dyiiing! Help mee~, pleasee~! "

Hajime gazed over the source of the voice to see a girl with rabbit ears running towards them. Behind her was a two-headed tyrant and she was desperate, floods of tears flowing down her face.

He looked back to (Y/N) for an explanation, but he and Kurumi were no longer in sight.

" HOW!? "

Nonetheless, she caught up with them and was hugging Hajime's leg, begging for help, to which he only responded-

" I refuse! "

"... It's bothersome. "

As expected, they refused to help. They didn't even feel disturbed refusing someone's desperate screams- no, please. Instead, they felt it was extremely bothersome. Seeing Hajime avert his eyes from her pleading gaze, she sensed that Hajime didn't want to help her, and from her eyes, even more tears overflowed. Just from where did those tears come from?