Chapter 13

(So first, I changed the dress she was wearing so go back to chapter 9 and check that out lol)
-------------------------------------------
We had been driving for what seemed like hours when we came up to a large castle. When we got out of the car I could see the giant black front doors with two gorgeous men standing in front of them wearing suits. They were both lean and tall. One had jet black hair and the other had dark purple hair but both were ghostly white and had red eyes. When we neared the doors, they simultaneously reached and pushed open the double doors, exposing a grand entranceway. We walked in and they both bowed to me as I passed.
When we entered the castle, I could see that the ceilings were very high and there was a giant black chandelier hanging. Then after like 20 feet there was an archway that led to a grand ballroom filled with hundreds of.... Demons it looked like. Everyone was so gorgeous, I felt out of place. I looked down and scooted closer to Sebastian.
"Don't be shy. You will be their queen one day, be confident." He said, using his hand to raise up my chin. I nodded and straightened my back, trying to be confident.
Sebastian led us over to a table and we sat down for a few, just watching everyone. It was so werd there. Everyone was very stoic and proper and everyone was gorgeous.
After a while, Ariana saw some friends and went to go chat with them for a while.
Sebastian and I sat there in science for a minute or two until he stood up and walked over so he was in front of me and held out his hand.
"Would you like to dance?" He said with a grin.
"Oh... No that's ok... I've never done this kind of dancing, I'd just trip or step on your feet." I said, blushing.
"No you won't. I have faith in you. " he said and I reached out my hand hesitantly and he led me to the dance floor.
He placed his right hand on my waist and his left hand in the air.
I put my left hand on his shoulder and my right hand in his left. A few seconds later the music started. It was a hauntingly beautiful piano piece.
Sebastian led me and we spun and danced until that song was over. Then we danced for two more songs.
I thought I'd fall or something but I didn't. I didn't even stumble.
The entire time I was looking into Sebastian's eyes as he held me close and we glided across the dance floor.
Once the third song stopped I was out of breath and smiling very widely. As was Sebastian.
We dropped our hands and stepped back when I noticed how empty it was.
I looked around the room and noticed that everyone else had made a circle for Sebastian and I and we're watch us dance. I don't know how long they had been like that but I could feel my face turning red.
Sebastian chuckled and placed a hand on my lower back, leading me back to the table so I could sit.
"Um... Just wondering.. How long were they all like that?" I asked, looking at the floor.
"They started to notice us at the beginning of the second song and then by the third they had made the circle." He said with a slight smile.
Just then I heard a bell go off and everyone turned to the front of the room where a man stood.
"As you all well know, we are here today to celebrate Scarlett Chambers coming of age. It is still a few years until she is full demon but the process starts when they turn 19. Scarlett is only the second demon ever that is half human. The first... Well we don't talk about him." The mad said and everyone nodded.
"Scarlett, if you could join me up here?" He said, looking at me. My heart suddendly started racing as everyone in the room turned to look at me. I looked at Sebastian, frightened.
"It's ok Scarlett, everything will be fine. I'll stay close to you." He said and I nodded.
I stood up and started walking to the front of the room. I tried to walk with good posture but I could feel everyone staring at me and it made me extremely nervous.
Once I reached the man, he started talking again.
"Scarlett, the process of becoming a full demon will not be pleasant. But once you are, we would like you to consider taking over your mothers role as our Queen. Of corse it is only if you want to... But it would be best if you did. You don't have to answer now but we will want an answer on the day of your 20th birthday." He said and I nodded. Did I want to become queen? I didn't even know demons existed until like a week ago. I definitely will have to give this a lot of thought.
"Ok, enough heavyness for one evening!" The man said, "let's continue with the celebration!" He said and the music started back up again, this time it was a full orchestra, not just a piano.
I walked back over to Sebastian and walked straight into his chest and nuzzled my face into him, wrapping my arms around his torso. He placed his arms around my waist and we just stood there for a few minutes.
I was really frazzled. I had so many questions. What happened to the other half demon? Why don't they talk about him? What does a demon queen even do? Did I really want to become one?
Once I had calmed down a little bit, I unwrapped my arms from Sebastian's waist and stepped back, taking a deep breath to compose myself.
"We should probably find Ariana, food will be served soon." Sebastian said and I looked at him confused.
"But... This is a demon party... Demons don't need to eat?" I said.
"We do not need to but we do enjoy eating." He said. Placing his arm around my waist and holding me close.
We then went to look for Ariana.
----------------------------------
As I'm writing this its 12:46 am and it's rainin really hard and I have my window open and i am extremely happy lol.
So I hope you guys liked this chapter!
I also started a Thranduil (the hobbit) fanfic so if you guys are a lotr nerd like me and you like Thrandy then you should check it out lol :3 it's called The Elven King
So yea! I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'll update again soon! <3