Chapter 4

I run off to the kitchen so I can call Kat and Eris won't hear. I pull out my iPhone and quickly tap on her name. It rings, and rings, and goes to voicemail. Ugh where is she! I tried again and she picked up on the 5th ring.

"Hey sorry, I was... Little wrapped up in something. How's it going? You're ok right? Do you need me to call the cops?" She asked frantically.

"No no no I'm all good!" I said. Then I told her all of the events that happened from the time span of when she left, up until now. She only interrupted when I told her about Eris telling me that I have "demon eyes".

"Demon eyes? What?! Why am I never told this stuff!" She yelled, followed by a bunch of mumbled words.

"What?" I ask confused as to why she cared so much.

"Um... It's nothing." She said, but I could tell that there was something up.

"Kat, what is it? You've never kept anything from me..." I ask

"It's nothing... Hey could I sleep over tonight, you know just so we could make sure that he isn't a killer or something?" She asks.

"Yea totally! I was actually just thinking the same thing!" I tell her.

"Ok let me pack super quick, I'm on my way." Then I hear her click the end call button. So I stuff the phone back into its hiding place in my dress and I walk back out.

"So Kat said that she is going to stay the night so ill have to introduce her to you when she gets here which should be right abo-" I was interrupted by a knock at the door. "Now" I finish. I then go and open the door to my best friend. And she gives me a quick hug then goes to meet Eris.

"Kat, Eris, Eris, Kat" I say, gesturing to both of them. Eris's eyes suddenly go wide, but only for a second. Then a sly smirk settles on his face.

"So... Kat. Do you know where Scarlet got the demon eyes?" He says, putting emphasis on you.

"N-no I don't." She says, looking everywhere but at Eris. Which is odd because when she talks to people, she always looks them in the eye.

"What's going on?" I ask, slowly.

"Oh Kat, would you like the honor of telling her? Or shall I?" He says.

"Um... scar there is something I need to tell you." Kat says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the other side of the room.

"What is it?" I ask once we stop.

"We'll.... You see.... I-I'm.. I'm a... Dmenc" she mumbles the last word so I can't hear it.

"What are you?"

"A Demon"