Chapter 6: Bear

Grandmother. Hearing that, I thought of my grandmother. She was a wonderful person. I was glad I was under her care. For someone who has never remembered her parents, my grandmother was able to tell stories about them. How they meet, and what my mom was like when she was younger, but I whenever I asked questions about their jobs or where they're at now she grew silent. While I was growing up my grandmother told one thing and it was that they had died in a accident, but now I know the truth.

"Granny what is it that you need?" J asks.

"I would be happy if you would be able to find this and give to Tashi on October 5". Tashi's grandmother handed me a photo of a brown stuffed bear with a blue baseball cap.

"I'll be going now."

"Wait granny!" I shouted loud enough that it didn't attract any attention, but even so she disappeared in the thin air.

It was about 10:00 when I remember that I had to send a text Sylvia. Looking at my phone I thought it was just me, but it looks like she already text me. '20 messages' I guess I have to text her back before she freaks out any more.

On my way to the mall I took out the photo that Tashi's grandmother had gave me.

"October 5 huh. That's next week, but how can I find something like this?" I say to J.

"Who knows? Maybe they sell it at the mall?"

"Maybe.." If they sell this at the mall why would it be such a regret for Tashi's grandma? Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello." It was Sylvia.

"Where you right now?"

"I just walked into the mall. Where are you at?"

"I'm at the M&N Nails."

"Is Tashi with you?"

"Nope he said he needed to get something for someone. I wonder if he has someone he likes?"

"Maybe, you know there are a lot of cute and pretty girls in our school. Anyway where is this M&N Nails place?" I ask as I walked up to the mall map.

"Second floor near the candy store."

"Idiot that's not going to help me. You know that I don't know the mall all that well."

Looking at the second floor map I found M&N Nails.

"Anyway, I found it. I'll see you there." After I hang up, I look around and didn't seem to find J any where. Geez, that cat always runs off without me noticing.

"I guess I'm going there on my own."

Halfway there I was looking at the stores around, but one caught my attention. 'Bear&Bears' I wonder if it's there? I wanted to stop by and check, but I also didn't want to worry Sylvia anymore.

Once I was there the smell of nail polish hit me.

"That smells strong." I mumble. Looking around, I found Sylvia at the cash register talking to the lady behind the counter.

"Sylvia." I said walking up to her.

"You're finally here! I was wondering where you've been. Any this is my mother. She own this places."

"You must be Violet. Nice to met you. Thanks for always looking after my daughter."

"Nice to met to Mrs.Westen." So Sylvia's mom owns this place. No wonder Tashi isn't with Sylvia.

"Anyway mom I be sleeping over at Violet's tonight."

"Wait what?!" I shout in surprise.

"Did you forget? You still haven't told me everything yet." Right there I knew what she meant.

"Hey can we got to the Bear&Bears place that is a couple stores away." I ask.

"That place. I heard that is was planning to be closing down soon." Mrs. Westen said.

"Why?"

"They said that the place was haunted or something, but I think that might of just been the business reasons, but who knows." I wonder that is might just been because of that.

"Anyway Violet and I will be leaving. Bye mom, I'll be home tomorrow."

Once we walked out of the salon, Sylvia looks at me.

"So what do you need at that place." she asks.

"There is something that I want to find." I say. While we were walking there, look around to see if J was anywhere to be seen. Nope, no where to be found.

"Hey Sylvia do you know much about Tashi's grandmother?" I wonder if it is a good question to ask. She was silent for a moment.

"Let's just say that she is a important relative in his life. He never really get along with his parents."

"Why so?"

"Who knows. No one really asked him before." Not getting along with his parents...

"Violet we're here." Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked at the store. The windows had my different teddy bears as decoration. Walking inside there was more teddy bears, but the place looked more old fashion. The walls were painted to looked like dark wood and same with the floor.

"Wow! I never thought it would look so cool in here." Sylvia said.

"Me neither! It fits the place so well."

"Thank you for the complaint ladies." Sylvia and I both turn our heads towards the voice. Standing there is was a man that looked around his 30s. He had blonde, blue eyes and a british accent.

"Umm who are you?" Sylvia asked. Sylvia isn't very good with strangers if I say so myself. She alway worries about what would happen and stuff that makes her over react.

"Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Leo de Rea. I'm the owner of this shop."

"Leo de Rea. I know I heard of that name somewhere?" Sylvia said.

"Oh I'm not big or famous. I'm just the owner of this shop. Anyway, what is you need at this shop?"

"Actually I'm looking for something that looks like this." I grab the photo out of my pocket and show it to him. Suddenly, Sylvia takes the photo out of my hand.

"Hey!" I turn around and tried to take the picture back, but I wasn't fast enough to take to picture back.

"I feel like I've seen that bear somewhere, but I don't know where." Sylvia said.

"I think I've might of seen this bear before a few years ago."

"Please tell me about this." I beg. I don't know why I want to help this granny so much, but I think it might of been just a habit since a long time.

"Sorry not now ladies I have to get somethings pack up. Maybe you can stop by tomorrow and I'll treat you to some tea."

"Ok then Mr.! We'll be back in a tomorrow!" Shouts Sylvia. "Come on Violet!" she grab my and hand and drag me out of the store.

"Sylvia let go I can walk on my own!" I said.

"Sorry. Anyway why did you need to know about that teddy bear?"

"I had to get this for one of my relatives. Her birthday is coming up." I lied. I felt bad for lying to to Sylvia, but I can't just tell her that I saw Tashi's grandmother and I'm going to help her to pass on. Now I think about it what time is it. I took out my phone and looked at the time. 10:55 a.m.

"Sylvia we got to go I need to buy some groceries."

"Wait didn't you go and shop for groceries a couple days ago?"

"Yea but couple days ago uncle had his friends over and ate most of the food." I said.

"That guy has to be such a pain!" Sylvia said. I laugh while and Sylvia were heading to the grocery store. I wonder what I should make tonight. By the way where is J?!