Chapter 4: Mapped Out

"Hey uncle are you okay? Why are we in such a rush?" I ask. I have never seen him like this for a long time. I think the last time I've seen him like this was when I had asked if he ever knew the day my parent's had passed away.

"We're going to talk about this at home. It would be for the better," He says in a stern voice. What does he mean by that? For the better?

Once we got home, I didn't know what to do. I haven't seen Uncle like his for a long time. I've always seen him as someone who is just happy-go-lucky. This isn't normal for him.

" Violet you know how people have said that my brother, I mean your father and your mother had passed away in a accident? Well, it was a lie."

"Wait!? What! If they aren't dead, then why didn't they come and see me and take me back or live with us?" I can't believe this. I can't believe they would do this to me.

"Calm down, Violet. They had left for a good reason. It was, because of the amulet. The power that allowed the holder to be able to see ghosts was..."

"Can we stop this already so maybe I can just cook dinner now..." I cut him off. I feel bad since I never had cut him off before, but I can't let this conversation continue.

Dinner was quiet the whole time and none of us said anything. We never had such a quiet meal before. Once I was done with dinner, I went up to my room.

When I open up the door, I see J sitting on my bed reading one of my manga books. I usually yell at him when he does that, because he usually rips some of the pages, but right now, I really I don't care.

I flop myself on my bed and ended up squashing J.

"Get off of me! And where were you? I couldn't find you when I got into the Cafe." J shouts.

"Sorry for going home without telling you." I apologize.

I got off the bed and look through one of the baskets that was in the corner of my room. I look for a cat toy for J to play with. It has been awhile since I used this.

"Here it is." It was a cat teaser Uncle had around his house. I played around with J a bit, but I couldn't get the thought of what was the reason they left me.

Uncle said was for the better of our family, but I don't think that's the case. Was it meant to be having me, on my own with no parent?

" Hey what's wrong with you? You're so quiet!" J asks.

" Nothing, really."

"Is it about the whole student council thing again. I told you don't think too much about it."

"I know, but it's not that..." My voice drifts off.

"Then what are you so depressed about?" I end up telling J everything that Uncle told me.

"So this whole time he's been keeping this from you... WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!" J yells.

"You're too loud it's hurting my ears. Anyway, maybe some sleep should be helpful." I said. I was about to get change when I just remember something I forgot to do. I got up and walk up to J. I grab him by his collar.

"Hey! Hey, what you doing!" He yelled while trying to shake himself from my hands. I open my door.

"Stay out pervert."

After I'm done changing I was going to let J back in, but he was nowhere in site. Weird huh? I was too tired to look for him, but I couldn't find him, so I just left a little creak open for him, if he going to coming back. I got myself in bed and hoping I'm able to feel less stress tomorrow morning.

"Hey can you hear me?" Who's calling me? "I know you can hear me. This spell never fails me." A spell. "Come on wake up or I'll tickle you."

"Ok, ok I'm up" I say. I fling myself up and once my eyes were open, it didn't look like my room any more. It wasn't even my room. To tell the true it looks almost like I was above the clouds, in heaven. Wait...Heaven!

"Where the hell am I!" I yelled.

"You're in the dream that I had made for you." the voice says in a soothing voice.

"Are you just a voice or a person? And how did you get to cast a spell me anyway?!" I complain as I got up from where I was laying at.

"So you were awake after all."

"Umm... ughh.. You know you need to tell me where you're at and who are you." I ignore whatever he just now.

"I'm right here." I turned around and there I see a boy who looks a bit older then me. He had coffee colored brown hair, almost like mine but in a darker shade.

"Let me ask you again who are you." I don't like this guy. He said I'm in my dream, but how does he know?

"Oh sorry, I am Levi. And the reason I'm here is to guide you through your way of your new life. Now knowing that you are one of the amulet holder, and the amulet on you neck is "Mara"; the amulet that lets you see the dead." Levi says.

"I still don't get this, where did you come from?" I ask. Where did Levi come from. I have never seen him before or met him.

"You don't need to know that, but one thing I need to tell you, before your journey starts is that anything that happens from here is already mapped out by the book."

Ding-Dong Ding-dong.

"Look at that looks like the bell has rang already. Well I guess it is time to say good-bye now." Levi waves his hand, and right then a hole suddenly appears underneath me.