Chapter 2: The Amulet's Path

The same amulet, but different color? How in the world did he get his hands on one?

"Oh, you must be surprised right?" He asks.

"How did...you get your hands...on that?" I say with shuddering. I thought I was the only one that had an amulet like this.

"Oh, I got it when I was a child, and there is more of these amulets." He says.

Wait, how does he know what I was thinking?

"How? This amulet, it helps me, when I try to read people's minds. Without it, I can only hear little pieces of it." He explain.

I shudder. This man knows everything I can hear. I need to remember to not think whatever I want from now on.

"Wait, you said that there is more than two?" I asked.

"Yep. They each have one." He said. They? Just then, people had came out of no where. It was like they had came from thin air. And of course, they are the student council members. Suri, Kira, Ren, and Tahshi. They all had something in their hand, and it was a different color amulet.

"Let me guess she is the sixth and last one we have to gather?" Ren said in his cold hearted jerk voice. I can never get along with Ren, I guess its because whenever I've seen him, he is always rejecting someone.

"I guess so, but doesn't she look so plain?" Kira says questioning me in a soft quiet voice. Kira I guess you can say is hard to approach. Kira is more than that quite cute girl that was always in the corner. I tried to talking to her before, but she just ignored me. I've had heard boys in my class had talk about have cute she is and wanted to ask her out and other stuff. I'm pretty sure that none of them have the guts.

"I don't think she is that bad." Suri answers in her loud voice. Suri has this really loud voice. I can't say how loud, but she also is pretty bold with the teachers. She is nice at times, but the thing that annoys the most about her is that can be a spoiled brat at times. I remember last month she was talking about her father build another house in Egypt, and bragging about it. I guess I now know why she uses such a loud voice.

"Hey what are they talking about? How did they get amulets that looks almost exactly like the one you have." J complained.

"I...don't..know" I said slowly to J.

"So you do see and speak to ghost." Kira said softly.

"You see Kira, I told you she was the one." Tahshi tells Kira. Tahshi I guess you can say a very childish person. He has the baby face on him anyway. I always hear many girls talking about him. The weird part is that the ghost of an elderly grandma is usually around him.

"What exactly is going on?" I ask. "And how?"

"Oh yea, we forgot to explain, the six of us of here all have our own and individual powers. As you found out a couple seconds ago, our buddy Zac here, can read people's minds." Tahshi explains to me. "And with each of these amulets, it helps us when with our powers. As for me, I can talk to people in their heads. Kira here can see things from a different time period, but if she goes to far in time from the present, it causes her to faint. It's doesn't matter if it's seeing the future or the past. For Suri, she can hear people from far away distance. Talking trash about her, sneak attacks, anything. Then our other buddy Ren here, can see the memories of people if he physically touches them, the longer he does, the more he can see into. " He tells me.

"Then what does any of this have to deal with me?" I ask. "All of us have powers and stuff and have the amulet."

"You really don't know much do you?" Ren sighs, then he hold up a book, the book looks old, and didn't look like any normal typical book.

"What is that?' I ask.

"Amulet's Path, It's a book that has been past down in many of the families, and right now it's in the holds of my family. The the creator of the amulets was the person who had wrote this book. He made it during the last moments of his life."

"What exactly does the book do for us?" I ask.

"This can predict the future of the people who hold this powers. It's said here, that when all six of the amulet holder is once together again. A far path is going to be made for all of them but, only one we'll be able to end the path." Kira said in her quiet voice. Man, everything just suddenly turn dark. And here I thought we were going to have a easy and nice conversation.

"But can you explain this more on Monday, cause I can't get this whole thing in my head everything is so confusing right now." I said. That was true I couldn't take anymore of the history or whatever these amulets things do anymore.

"I guess we can, we did explain most of the stuff to her anyway." Suri said.

"But before you leave, remember that on our next exam, you have to make sure to make it in one of the top 10 in the school." Zac told me before I left.

Wait, did he just say one of the top 10? The best I've done was to make it in 50th place which is pretty good, if I say so myself. But the top 10?! How? Looking around I didn't seem to find J anywhere. The hallway was empty. Looking at my phone, I find out that it was about 4:15.

"Oh I almost forgot about the fact that I need to call Sylvia right now." I remind myself as I wake out of the school grounds.

"I don't like her, she has the smell of dogs. I always hate the smells of those stupid oversized hairy animals." J complains.

"Well she does have two dogs. It would make sense if she smells like that and where did you come from? I didn't seem to find when I went out the do-"

"Hello? Violet are you there are you OK? Where are you right now?" It was Sylvia. She gets way too worried about me sometime.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I just finished talking to them." I respond.

"DON'T GET WORRIED! You have got to be kidding me. It's been 2 hours since school ended." She screams over the phone.

"Hey do you want to meet at the Bay's Cafe?" I say, trying to get calm down.

"That sounds good to me, I wanted to go there today anyway." After hanging up. I thought for a moment and notice it hasn't been 2 hours yet. Only an hour and a half. Oh well. Now think about it, going to the cafe and sitting down with a nice cup of coffee would be great.

"Come on, let's go J."

Author's Note: I sorry of all the character explains. All I'm going to say, is that the next chapter there is only going to be a few amount of character to cover. You can also tell me whatever you dislike or like about this here. I like to see what people thinks. Thank You!

Twitter: linny9002

Instagram: a.c.e_otaku

Blog: Coming soon