Chapter 3: The Bay's Cafe

Once I got to the cafe, I saw Sylvia sitting a our usual spot next to the window. I hope she didn't wait too long.

"Sylvi-" Then someone me cuts me off.

"Hey Violet, what's a pretty little girl doing here now? Are coming to see me-ouch! Who did tha-! Ni-ni-cole."

"I don't think your job is to flirt with the customer." Nicole says with a glare.

"Sorry! I'll go and clean the dishes." I've seen him do things like this a lot, almost every time I come here. At the corner of my eyes I see him rush to the kitchen.

"Oh god, I never can keep my eyes off of him. Once I do, he starts to find a new prey." Nicole groans.

"Aoi is always like that. Plus I can really can see the father and son similarity." I say pointing at Mr.Bay, who is practically surrounded by women.

"Dad!" Nicole yelled. "I'll be right back to you."

"Whats with the commotion?" Sylvia asks as she walks up to me.

"Oh just the usual." I respond.

"Now this why I love to go to this place. You can never find a coffee shop anywhere that is this lively!" She says very excited.

"True that." I say as I put down my stuff at our usual spots.

"So what took you so long? I got so worried! I keep calling you, but you won't answer!" She says screaming a little. Well, I guess she would be worried because I had 15 missing calls from her.

"Just some big shocking surprise. I haven't had such a surprise for a long time." I say.

"Then it must be big. You don't get surprised easily. So what is it about?" she asks.

"Well, it's about the amu-" I began to say but Nicole cute me off.

"So what do you want Violet? We have the Caramel Parfait Special back on the menu." She asks.

"No, I'm kinda on a diet now." I reply, a little sad.

"You don't need to be on a diet. Your stomach is a endless black hole." Sylvia complains.

"Fine. Nicole you heard what she said." I say.

"Coming right up. And I'll put a discount on it." she whispers.

"Thanks." I whisper back. I love coming for their Caramel Parfait. it's the best, just the Caramel Parfait Special is better. But it's not on the menu all the time.

That's what I hate, when you don't get what you want, but hey that's life for you!

"Hey so what was it about anyway?" Sylvia asks.

"Oh! I almost forgot we were talking about that." That was a lie. I actually don't want to talk about this to her first. I want tell uncle first about this.

"The amule-"

"Hey Violet what are you doing here?" Speak of the devil, its him.

"Uncle! I'm just meeting up with Sylvia here." I say a little surprised.

"Oh Sylvia! It's been awhile since I saw you. You should come over some more." He said can tell by Sylvia's face that she is annoyed.

"Go die in a hole." Sylvia mumbles with an angrier in her voice. Sylvia never really liked my uncle.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you. You're speaking too quietly." Uncle asks.

"Oh! Nothing!" She quickly says.

"Oh, um... uncle I have something to talk about with you."

"What is Violet? Did you get bully? Do you need money? Is there a stalker?" He says in a worried voice.

"No, no, and no? Wait what? I just wanted to say that I had to talk to some of the kids from my school, and they all had something similar to this." I then proceeded to show him my amulet. Just then I saw a face that he had never made in front of me before. The reason for that was because he is always so carefree and happy. But right now he look very serious and kinda upset?

"Come on Violet I need to talk to you at home." He grab my hands and drag me off. What's going on?

Sylvia's Pov:

"Here is your Caramel... Where did she go?" Nicole asks,

"I don't know, but since she isn't here, I'll take it and pay for it." I say shrugging.

"Ok...then." This has to be bad. I never see him with such a face.