Chapter 9: No We're Not

"So you're serious about this."

"Of course I'm serious. I tried nagging it out of Ran, but he wouldn't say anything about it." Well, this means that Sylvia knows nothing about the whole Amulet thing. Plus since she doesn't know, of course it makes perfect sense for Ran to keep quiet about it. If he is keeping quiet about it, I wonder if it is ok for me to tell her?

"Fine, but if I'm telling you things, you'll have to repay me with telling me things me some things that I want to know." I said. I know she know more about Tashi more then I do, so this is going to be helpful.

"Fine it's a deal."

"I guess I'll go first." I took a deep breath. "Also not interruption, got it?"

"Si."

"So you about the whole I can see ghosts thing, and I didn't about how I got this power and I always need the amulet with me to see them. Well those guys have similar problems. They all do have powers too, and they had they all have a similar version of the amulet. And they told me that I need to score high enough for the finals this semester, and enter the student council. I would tell you more, but if i do then we're not going to sleep until 3:00."

"Hold on give me some time to process this. So you're telling me that cousin of mine has ghost seeing powers like you?"

"No, not like mine, but we all have powers, but different."

"Then what is it then?" she ask?

"Telepathy."

"Tele-what?"

"Telepathy, it's the ability to communicate to people through their minds."

"Think I've heard of that somewhere. Anyway what about the other's? What kind of power do they have??"

"Not that I can remember, the only reason I remember his, because he used it on me today." And that was a lie. If I were to tell her about the other's powers, I would lose her way too fast. Also with the fact that it would make her involved in the situation even more, and I don't want that to happen.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did he use his power on you?"

"Stupid reasons."

"Ugh!" she moaned as she makes her way to my bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I wish I have powers like you guys. My best friend has powers, and my cousin that I've known since forever even knows." she complain.

"Trust me. it may sound cool to have powers, but don't know how much of a bother when you're a kid."

"Why so?"

"When I was a kid I would always point out ghost and thinking that they were actually real people, not ghost. As I did that more often people started to drift farther and farther away from me."

"You had it tough. Now thinking about it. What were you like as a kid?"

"Me? Well to tell you the truth. I really don't have a clear memory of when I was younger." That wasn't a lie. I really couldn't remember much about me being a kid. And whenever I would tired to remember something, it would be just blank. "How about you? What were you like." I ask instead.

"You promise wouldn't laugh if I tell you this."

"Oh god how bad is this."

"Pretty bad."

"Oh then. I try not to laugh." Sylvia gave a glare.

"I was one of those little girls who had a dream of becoming a princess of a faraway kingdom..."

"Pft. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can hold this in." I said still trying to hold in my laugh. Just then I lost it.

"Are you done?" Sylvia ask moments later.

"I think so. Sorry about that, but i still had to, it was you. You have the least interest for love or even dress or skirts."

"Well I'm sorry that I'm not feminine enough. Anyway, I was one of those kids until I met Tashi."

"What do you mean?"

"Well there was one point when he.., was different from what he is now. When I first met him he was like what he is now, but at one point he turn pretty glummy. Because of that I really wanted the cheer him up. Which I knew that being the girly girl I was back then, was not going cheer him up. So then I started to act more tomboy like. So the reason I'm who I am now, it's not something that is really special away."

"Why would you go so far for him anyway?" I ask looking at Sylvia, as looked at her. Then her face started to turn red. "Wait, Sylvia. You can't ,he's your cousin. You can't!"

"Shut Up! We're not even cousins anyway!" She shouts, but then covers her mouth. "Shit." she said underneath her hands.

"Wait...What do you mean?"

"I don't think I can tell you about that..." she said while looking at her knees.

"Sylvia, I know we've only known each other for a year, but trust me. I trust you like a sister." I said.

Then she slowly moved her head up to eye level with me.

"Maybe, I can trust you..."

"I promise, you can trust anytime. now tell me what is going on."

"Fine, do you remember when I told you that at one point Tashi started to become more and more glummy. Well the reason for that Tashi's parents had divorced, and his father had taken him in for custody, while his mother left them. He never knew why his parents divorced until later on in the month. Apparently his mom had fooled around with another person and that guy turns out to be Tashi's biological father. Then once his dad found out, that was when the marriage was broken. After Tashi found out about that, that was when he started to acted glummy."

"Did something happen to his dad, cause didn't Tashi lived with his grandmother for sometime?"

"Nothing bad happened to him. It was just a couple months after the whole thing, his dad decided to take a job that was overseas in Italy, he didn't want to take Tashi with him, so his grandma decided to take him in."

"Oh...You know what, let's go to sleep, it's 2 o'clock soon."

"Ok. Goodnight." Sylvia said as she get ready to go to sleep.

Later that night I had a dream.