Familiar face

Avoiding the now under renovation pizzaria I grew up with, today I took fluffy to the movies instead. A new thriller had just come out and I was eager to see it.

I bought two seats, one for me and one for my backpack. After ordering some snacks for me and fluffy, we settled in as premiers started.

People flooded in, but I recognized a familiar face. The gal from the pizzeria, lingering near the front while looking nervous. It seems like her seat had been taken by some obnoxious college student.

I knew I shouldn't interact and possibly raise suspicions with the girl but I had my mother's good will and couldn't help waving her down. "Psst, hey!" I whispered and beckoned her over.

I moved my bag onto my lap and patted the now empty seat. She thanked me repeatedly, and we began to make pleasant conversation as the premiers went on. When the movie began, we both quieted to enjoy the film.

The flick was a little cheesy, but enjoyable nonetheless. Every so often we'd react to something, the other making a joke and we'd both try to bite back a laugh.

After the lights came back on, we began cackling at some of the jokes we cracked, earning concerned stares. "Oh- ohmygosh- when the main character fell at the most important moment-" I laughed as she made a dramatic sound effect of the character falling.

"Nahhhh, that guy simping." I cackled back and we both laughed harder. "That movie was so awful it was funny." I grinned.

"I've seen you around recently, wanna hang out again sometime?" She asked. "Im April, April o'neil." I shook the hand she offered. "Y/n l/n, and sure I'd be down to hang out."

With our final goodbyes we went our separate ways, off to enjoy the rest of the evening. I grinned to myself, planning on going home and telling my moms all about the new friend I might've just made.