Face man

Leo became determined to get his hands on a brooch, akin to the one that big mama had. With an upcoming parade going on soon, leo began to scour the hidden city for a brooch vendor.

At last he had found an older yokai, an old chicken. The sweet lady sold many brooches, but leo couldnt afford a single one. So what did he do? He agreed to run all of the lady's errands.

"How sweet, young love! Awh, here have this list." The yokai handed him a list. "If you can get this done by the end of the say I'll let you have your pick of any brooch okay sweetheart?" The hen smiled. "Now run along dear."

Leo was off like a rocket. There had been nights the turtle was up late thinking about her, his gloved hands on her waist, her laugh and the jokes they made..

His hands... he wondered if he could hold hands with a human in his true body, after all he only had three fingers with his crush having five.. maybe he'd have to find out, he mused to himself.

This hen was a sweetheart, but she had a mighty list of tasks she needed done. Leo began his trek to earn himself a brooch, and a potential date with his newest friend.

-skip-

A sweat drenched turtle came back to the vendor, list checked off and breath missing. "Great job dearie, as promised you can take your pick." The hen gestured with her wings to a grand collection of shiny accessories.

A blue glint caught Leo's gaze. Amongst the jewelry was a blue laden ring, set in polished metal. "This one." Leo blurted, plucking the ring from its display. The hen bagged it for him and he ran home faster than he had before, rushing to his room to try out his new toy.

As soon as it slipped on his finger, dizziness engulfed his body and when it cleared, in front of his mirror stood a rather dashing human in Leo's opinion.

(I imagine him being mixed and his stripes being faint or nonexistent in his human form)

The newly made human examined his hands, his face and his lack of a shell, victoriously fist pumping and going to plot his date with destiny.

He hoped it would go well, after all he wanted to be closer with the girl who lingered in his mind like she owned it. (And she did)

"Alright, time to get the fit."