Down with the sickness

When I answered my phone to hear mikeys rapid screaming, I was at the lair faster than I could think, brandishing fluffy like a weapon. "What's wrong?" I asked, looking around expecting some kind of danger.

"Splinters sick!" Mikey cheered, and I cocked my head. "... what?" He then explained the rat flu and how they always tried to use the opportunity to get something from splinter but have never made it successfully. My eye twitched at my panic having been for nothing, but I lingered in the lair, too tired to sprint back home.

So I begrudgingly helped.

Donning a mask and gloves, I set out to sanitize things splinter would often touch like the chair, the fridge, etc. while I noticed a temperature dip.

I heard the turtle quartet shivering and complaining under a heat lamp, so I made a batch of hot cocoa and carried it out. "Your savior has arrived." I joked, handing out the warm beverage. Leo was prepared, bundled like a kid on a snow day.

"Here, bundle up." Leo tossed his scarf at my face, and it fell around my shoulders. "I don't need it, im not cold." I shrugged. "How come you're not cold?" Leo asked.

"Because humans are warm blooded, why did YOU offer y/n some of your clothes but not us?!" Donnie argued. "Cuz she brought me cocoa, duh." Leo scoffed.

I rolled my eyes, and eventually we saw splinter stumble out of his room, completely shaven. I covered fluffy's poor eyes, as the rat mumbled about airing himself out and promptly falling over.

He awoke with a snarl unlike anything I'd ever heard before, and the turtles scrambled to put on hazmat suits. Splinter growled at his sons, chasing them and completely ignoring me. Maybe the lysol I sprayed was too strong?

"Donnie, is that device ready yet?!" Raph yelled, running from splinter with leo and mikey on the second level, frantic. Donnie was about to rant on about his invention but a look from his brothers silenced him. Out of one of the massive pipes came a giant clear ball, smacking into leo and knocking him down by me and donnie.

"You alright?" I offered him a hand to help him up, and he leaned on me while mikey lured splinter into the oversized hamster ball with pizza. As soon as splinter was in, the ball was shut.

"That should hold him for a while." Donnie nodded. "And you're sure that its not cruel?" Leo asked from his place leaning most his weight on me. "Of course, he loves pizza and confined spaces you can hardly breathe in." Raph reassured.

"And this will hold him?" I asked. "Most definitelyyyyyyyyy-" donnie was startled by the ball moving underneath him, dragging the softshell along as it slammed into several walls like some sort of a pinball game.

It hit the balcony between levels and cracked in two, the feral rat man scrambling into the vent. "Oh boyyyy." I sighed, pulling out my sprayer of lysol. Mikey and raph set off to look for their dad while i lingered in the main area with leo, donnie and fluffy.

"Ugh these suits do not BREATHE." Leo groaned, partway out of his hazmat suit while donnie took off his helmet. "Are you sure its safe?" He asked.

"Relax, mikey and donnie will be fin-" leo was cut off by his brothers screaming. Raph ran by them, grabbing me like a football. "Stage two, stage TWO!" Raph yelled while taking me and fluffy along as he ran.

"Why weren't you in your suits?!" Raph growled. "It was leo!" Donnie yelped. "Nobody made you do it donnie.." leo snaps, falling over while struggling with his suit.

"Ugh, whats that smell?" He asked, before a face appeared on his suit visor. "I love you thiiiiiiis much!" Splinter cooed, kissing Leo's cheek with adoration. "No no no I'm your least favorite!" Leo fell.

"Leo's infected, quarantine him." Raph ordered.

A giant seal zipped shut over Leo's room entry, leo leaned against it. "Hey, you guys need me to get to the must say yes stage, alright- woooh it's hot in here.. theres a fire right the floors lava.." he was quieted by a spray of blue mist.

"Down to four and a half." Raph mumbled. I looked at him confused. He pointed at the non infected brothers then me and fluffy. "Ah, understood." I nod, going back to spraying down any surfaces with lysol while the brothers went to find splinter.

"Helloooooooo nurse~" leo tried to lean cooly against the plastic seal containing him in his room. "Hey, leo." I quipped back. "Could you do this handsome turtle a huuuuuggge favor?" He asked, batting his eyes. I held back a laugh.

"Sure I suppose I can." I said. "What does that handsome turtle need?"

"Come closer.." he grins

"Closerrrrrr....."

"Clooooosssssseeeeerrr." He continued until I was like an inch from the plastic barrier. Leo leans forwards, and pressed his face against mine, making a smooching noise. "Hehe now you're mine~" he giggled to himself.

"Im... what?"

"Mine, we're totally a thing now." He put his hands on his cheeks. "And I beat my brothers in getting a partner~"

My face burned like I was under the heat lamp, and my brain screamed in embarrassment and euphoria. He was definitely out of it, at least a little. I figured when he recovered he wouldn't remember anything, hopefully anyways.

Leo's fevered gaze caught fluffy.

"And there's, thats our family dog." Leo grins. "We can get a house in the hidden city and get married." He fantasized.

I chuckled, turning away to grab my phone. It would be a good idea to call april for backup with leo and the boys to help contain splinter.

"Hey girl, what's up." April answer. "Hey april, splinter is down with some sickness and the turts are struggling here, wanna lend a hand?"

"Oh my goodness okay I'll be there in five." She hung up.

Grabbing my things, I went to prepare a pot of soup incase anyone else got sick and for those already infected. "Where are you going?" Leo drawled. "Don't leave."

"Im not leaving, I'm gonna get some food okay?" I smiled, plodding off to the kitchen. I was glad he hadn't tried to use his odachi to portal out of quarantine.

I heard karaoke music, it sounded like some kind of cheesy romance song. With soup on the stove it was hopefully just a matter of time until april arrived.

I heard a pop and saw april and mayhem, who both teleported here. "Nice to see you, we have casualties." I joked. April rushed off to find the remaining turtles while I poured the hot soup and carried it out. April stood with me while raph and splinter had a standoff of sorts.

Raph was about to ask for something when leo yelled "raphie-poo!" Before feverishly swinging his sword, easily breaching his quarantine seal. He sprinted across the room and I just barely managed to set the soup aside as the turtle hurtled into me.

"Everyone loves hugs!~" leo slurred, arms slithering around me into a squeeze. The turtle nuzzled his face against my head as april and I watch raph get hugged by splinter and infected, instead of whatever he was going to ask to get.

Dang, double homicide.