Chapter 9: A Girl With Scars

Chapter 9: A girl with scars

Izuku was shocked to see a little girl clinging onto him like her life depended on it. For some reason he felt like he wanted to keep her safe. But from what? A few seconds later, Sir Nighteye and Mirio arrived on the scene.

"Who's that little girl?" Mirio asked.

"My daughter," said another voice.

Everyone turned to face someone wearing some kind of bird mask. For some reason Izuku felt tense, and kept his grip on the little girl.

"Thank you for finding my daughter," the man said.

"Wait... daughter?" Izuku asked, "Why does she have-"

"Because she gets into multiple accidents," the man said, "My name is Kai Chisaki. Now would you be so kind as to hand her over."

Izuku looked at the little girl, and then at Chisaki.

".....No." Izuku said.

Nighteye shot Izuku a scowl.

"Izuku, hand over the child," Nighteye said.

"No," Izuku said, "I can't just leave her with this man. For all we know he could be someone who's abusing her!"

"We don't know that for sure," Nighteye bluntly said, "But we could be interfering with something."

"Still, its a hero's job to keep someone safe isn't it," Izuku countered, "I can't just give her back to that man."

"Izuku. Its. Her. Fate." Nighteye said, "And in the struggle of good vs evil, her fate is more important than her happiness."

Chisaki snapped his fingers and a few associates arrived with weapons.

"Now, let's try this again," Chisaki said, "Give her to me."

Izuku refused to let her out of his grasp. Suddenly, some kind of smoke emerged from his body! Shots were fired, but nobody was hurt. Izuku started running with the girl in his arms.

As Izuku was running he saw Nighteye standing right in front of him.

"Give me the child," he said.

"Never!" Izuku said.

Nighteye then felt a hand on his face as he got tackled to the floor. It was Katsuki who had attacked him from behind.

"Run, Deku! I've got this!" He said.

Izuku shot a whip on a building and began to swing away. Meanwhile Katsuki kept his hold on Nighteye.

"What the hell is your problem with Deku?!" Katsuki asked

"It's simple! He's simply not worthy and this reckless act proves it!" Nighteye said.

"What's reckless about saving a little girl from danger?" Katsuki asked, "And what's this about fate?!

"My quirk. It allows me to be able to see other people's movements as well as be able to see people's lives as if it was a story! That little girl is going to get everyone and whomever she touches, killed!" Nighteye explained, furthering Katsuki's already aroused temper.

"Just because you can see the future doesn't mean everything is set in stone!" Katsuki shouted, "Just look at Deku! He thought he was fated to be a failure, but he ended up being a greater hero than I ever hoped to be!"

Katsuki was about to punch Sit Nighteye, but his punc was blocked.

"Should've kept your guard up!"

At that, Nighteye pushed Katsuki up and off of him and managed to hold him down. However as he continued to pursue Izuku, he found himself suddenly frozen. Shoto froze him in his tracks.