Chapter 12: Make A Name

Chapter 12: Make a name

As they walked to the restaurant, Momo rested her head on his shoulder.

"I almost forgot that you could adjust your body temperature with your quirk, that way you're still cool even if its hot," she said.

"Um.... yes...

They made it to the restaurant. It was a fancy place called Huang's Cusine. It was a Japanese themed setting inside, and the waiters had on interesting uniforms. The tables were built for 2-4 people at a time. There were also a few paintings and drawings of certain pro heroes. Shoto pulled a chair out for Momo.

"Why thank you sir," she said with a smile.

The two of them sat across from one another. Shoto was trying to find a way to break the ice. And no not literally.

"Um.... I like your hair?"

"Thanks. Mina did it nicely. She may be a weirdo but she certainly knows style."

"Well you certainly are beautiful, inside and out," Shoto said.

Momo blushed at the compliment.

"So what do you hope to do with your hero career?" she asked him.

"Well... one thing I plan to do is restore the Todoroki name after what my father did. It really left a hole in the family. I plan to make people realize that I'm nothing like my father."

"Well I certainly see that. You're a kind, caring noble soul who wants to make people feel safe."

Shoto smiled at that compliment.

"Aside from being a hero, I possibly want to be a teacher and teach at U.A," Momo stated, "My grandmother did that when she was younger, teaching the new generations about herowork and quirks."

"I think you would do great in that field, because you're very smart and attentive."

"Thank you."

Momo placed her hand on top of Shoto's and smiled at him.

As they were talking the food came by. Someone then rushed into the restaurant with a sword in his hand. The guy with the sword went to the cashier.

"Gimme all your money and don't make any funny movements!" he said, "The rest of you freeze and nobody gets hurt!"

Everyone did as they were told. Shoto saw a glass of water.

"Hey you! Freeze!"

"I'm thirsty," Shoto said.

"I said FREEZE!" The robber shouted again.

"I'm just getting a drink." Shoto said as he slowly started taking a drink of his water.

"Okay.... You had your drink.... Now I'm just gonna take this money and be on my way, and while you're doing that all I want is for you to-"

"I know. I know... freeze!" Shoto said as he shot a piller of ice at the crook, freezing him.

As the officers walked in they saw the crook already frozen in ice. They then turned to Shoto who showed them his hero license. A crowd of people surrounded him cheering for him. Momo approached the boy and kissed his cheek.

Shoto then turned as red as the scar on his face.

"Thank you for saving us Shoto," the owner said, "You're a greater hero than that deadbeat Endeavor."

"Thank you. I plan to be absolutely nothing like him." Shoto told him.

Later the two of them were walking home talking about the scenario. Momo was no doubt impressed with the way Shoto handled that villain.