On Our Way

-Will-

What was I thinking? IM'ing my dad would almost never work, he'd either be in a situation like this, riding his chariot, or hooking up with a mortal or some random nymph. There would be no way to get his attention.

"SILENCE." Zeus roared, snapping me out of my thoughts. "There is an IM." He did not seem all that happy about having to stop the arguing.

"Will!" Apollo grinned. "So what do you say my boy?"

I took a deep breath and forced myself to meet my fathers bright blue eyes. "I'm ready. What do I need to know."

"Well I can't tell you directly. Go to camp and get a prophecy! That's still something you demigods do after all." Apollo waved his hand, clearly not very invested in the conversation. I sighed in annoyance. That was definitely a turn from his attitude before.

"Okay. Thank you dad." I mumbled. Apollo muttered something and cut through the IM. I turned to the group that had been standing out of sight.

"Well that was helpful." Percy grumbled. I only shrugged.

"So we go to camp and get a prophecy. Big deal. Yeah he could have just given it to us but it is what it is." Annabeth said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Exactly. Everyone get ready, we leave in five." I agreed, turning to Nico as Annabeth and Percy walked off. He looked very apprehensive. "Hey, it'll be fine death-breath." I smiled half heartedly. Nico just stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"I need a cigarette." He muttered under his breath. He turned to go to the elevator but I grabbed him by the back of his jacket.

"Not so fast. I don't need you getting lung cancer." I huffed, pulling him to the stairs that led to our room.

"What- Will let go of me!" Nico exclaimed. I just grinned, pushing him into the bed before turning to the closet we had and pulling out two back packs.

"Get packing." I said, throwing one of them at Nico. He caught it, huffed a small laugh and began to pack.

~~~

-Nico-

'What if this all went wrong?' I wondered as I put unicorn draught into my back, followed by some money and a change of clothes.

Yes, we were demigods. We went on dangerous, life threatening quests all the time. It's pretty much our purpose. But I couldn't help but think about how this quest in particular could go wrong. I could lose Will. We had just gotten engaged. I couldn't lose him.

Or I could lose Percy. Bianca gave her life to save him. If he died now that would be on me. He's one of my best friends. And if he lost Annabeth that would be detrimental. If any of us died, the results would be catastrophic.

"Nico." Will said. I looked up from my bag. He looked concerned. "You okay?

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, quickly putting the ambrosia and nectar in followed by my water bottle.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. We'll get the helm back." Will said. I smiled slightly.

"Okay." I whispered. I closed my bag. "I'll meet you outside."

"Sure. And no cigarettes!" Will raised his eyebrows, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe." I backed into the elevator, the doors closing just as I heard Will squawk.

Chuckling, I shook my head, my fingers tapping against the pack of cigarettes that was untouched in my pocket. It was tempting, but I needed to stop. I agreed with Will on that one.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I stepped out into the lobby area, heading out the doors. I set my bag at my feet, leaning against the building.

As the minutes ticked by I got more and more anxious. My eyes flicked back and forth, watching for any possible threats. Sighing, I gave in. I pulled the case of cigarettes out of my pocket, taking one out before putting the box back. I lit it, leaning my head back as the intoxicating smoke filled my lungs before I blew it out.

I sat there, smoking for a few more minutes in my own little world. The sound of the car door slamming startled me, and my head snapped up.

"You better put that out before Will comes down." Annabeth said, looking slightly unimpressed. I nodded, dropping the cigarette and stepping on it.

"Your not mad?" I asked, surveying the blonde nervously. Annabeth was terrifying when she was mad.

"Nope. Just slightly dissapointed that you haven't quite yet. Now get in the car death-breath." She gestured to the blue mustang that she was standing beside. Percy was driving us, and he must have picked it.

"I'm working on it. Quitting, that is." I huffed as I opened the back door and dropped my bag on the floor before getting in. Annabeth got in the passenger seat and shut her door.

"Work faster." She muttered and I rolled my eyes. Percy was too busy fiddling with the radio to pick up on what either of us had said.

"Let's go." Will slid into the seat beside me, slamming his door. Percy glanced back.

"Seatbelts maybe?" He said. Will and I both flushed and quickly buckled up. After that, Percy put the car in drive. We were officially on our way.

Word Count: 887

Thank you all so much for 23k!! This means so much to me! I hope you have a good day/night!