Chapter 9

The group had their moment of peace and now it was back to business. The mist makes it impossible to see more than a few feet in front of them. They held hands just so they don't lose each other. They come across a massive jagged rock. Of course they know by know to question everything. But they don't get a moment to turn around as thousands of glowing eyes open upon its  surface. Tree like roots rise from the ground acting like tentacles as the monster pulls itself back up. It gives them the chills. They can't move under the pressure it is giving off.

Klonoa: I-Is this..... So'.....?

Cattin: I-I... don't know.... I-I have only heard of him.....

The thing is standing up like a giant though it looks more like a living monsterous mountain with countless eyes. A massive section falls down and reveals a massive jaw that could easily swallow trees whole. It has a hundred of needle like tongues aimed at them. To say it was menacing would be an understatement. The group is filled with adrenaline as their bodies consider this to be life treating. They prepare to fight.

Klonoa: Cattin! A debuff!

Cattin: G-got it! Ahf'[×&euqjf!

It wasn't a language that could be understood or heard normally by morals but it had effect on some monsters. The monster stops and focuses all its eyes on her. Glaring at her. The group can't feel the pressure anymore but for Cattin it was like a deer in the headlights. It launched several tongue attacks at her and Klonoa and Carl strike the tongues but it didn't even leave a scratch. It continues its assault going faster and faster. Klonoa is at his limit and blocking as fast as he can while also avoiding being skewered by one. Carl sees this as a bad situation. His turn based ability doesn't apply for "boss" or "final boss" battles. He is going to act recklessly.

Carl: I might have to do... That...

Carl switches weapons and is equipping a demonic looking blade. It has its own dark aura. He stabs his left arm and right leg. The Sword drinks his blood as a price for power. The more he gives up the more power he receives. Carl slashes and cleanly cuts a tongue which causes it to flinch and pull back. It switches to its tree root tendrils and flails them like a whip at impossible speeds for something so big. It creates a lot of wind and Cattin grabs her hat to make sure it doesn't blow away.

Klonoa: What?!

Carl: Cursed sword of a demon king, of course I would loot the body of the final boss from another world! The price.... is HIGH.... The curse... It is.... coming back.... Klonoa...... Please run.... Nah... That is too cliche... You are a hero and won't run..... Then.... I ask that you kill me.

Klonoa doesn't get a word in as Carl is smashed into the ground but not as a bloody pulp but as a monster. Carl's bone had contorted and his jaw extended almost to that of a hound. His body grew and his bones grow out of his skin. His eyes fall out but five new firy eyes open. New limbs grow and Carl let's out a terrible howl. He is beyond curing now. His right leg and left arm are malformed from the wounds. His demonic blade grew with him and merged into his right hand.

Carl with the last bit of sanity he had left charged at So'omy. He jumped up and plunge his blade hand into its "head". It slams him several times with the tentacles. They were tearing each other apart. Klonoa could only watch in terror. The mountainous creature falls and its eyes grow dull. Carl tears into it and feasts on it. It grows new parts.

Klonoa: C-Carl....

It doesn't see him. It sees Cattin and roars as it charges her. There was no Carl left. Klonoa blocks only to be stabbed in the arm by a grafted spike tongue tail.