Chapter 10

Filler content

Klonoa is engaging in a mental conversation with Victor.

Klonoa: First.... How do you know all of this?

Victor: I do not know. I know what you know, but I see it in a different light. You suspected something was wrong by their reactions did you not?

Klonoa: Huh?

Victor: The flower. "Why did they have that kind of reaction?" That is what you thought of.

Klonoa: Don't look in my memories!

Victor: But you did think that thought right?

Klonoa: Yeah... But I don't know anything about what was right in this world.

Victor: Nothing. Nothing is right. Time...after time....You felt something was wrong. Someone was watching you. Someone has to be controlling reality right? Everything seems to always be targeting you.

Klonoa: I see.... So it was true... But how did you know about So'omy?

Victor: Once again... You had the answer all along. Assuming Cattin didn't lie then So'omy should be very very powerful. You struggled to fight off its brother alone and you assumed that the mountainous creature was So'omy just because you struggled even with help. So it was stronger right?

Klonoa: Yeah.... The mountain creature... was strong...

Victor: Cattin had classified So'omy's brother to be a C rank. What rank would you place yourself at?

Klonoa: Well... A high C rank if I had my wind ring up to a low B I guess.

Victor: What about Carl?

Klonoa: Well.... He is strange... But I would have to guess he is the same as me.

Victor: So the amount of struggling you and Carl had to deal with. Was it a high A rank? Mid A? Low A? or?

Klonoa: ... High B rank.....

Victor: Yes... That is why it could not be So'omy. It was ferocious... But it wasn't close to the power needed. If you want to win... You need to achieve the same rank. I think you might ask about the sword sheath next right?

Klonoa: Yeah. 

Victor: It is a powerful artifact right? Then why did they never unseal it? Why seal it in the first place when it was entrusted right? Klonoa.... Question... EVERYTHING. Even me. But don't show your cards. Knowledge is power. Hiding the fact that you don't have it is necessary. 

Klonoa: Ok?...

Victor: Why would there be people here?

Klonoa: Maybe the world was taken over?

Victor: Possibly. But reality keeps shifting. It might just have been taken over. Or.... It's the dream world of its dreamer. Essentially... A deity. 

Klonoa: That's.... Crazy...

Victor: I know. Somehow you must be able to conquer what lurks in the mist. It isn't monster. They were created from the mist, but the one who lurks must be killed.

Klonoa: Soooo... How do I get stronger?

Victor: You must train. You rely on magic items. You can't trust anything to be what it is here. You must be able to use the wind magic. On your own. Of your own magic. If you can do that... Maybe... We would be able to work on a secret move. But... You need conviction. You are like a child-