Chapter 11

Klonoa hums a familiar and a fitting tone as he steps on the wind he creates by firing short bursts from his feet. 

Klonoa: Waaa-hooo!!!

The monsters that couldn't fly or reach him were obliterated. Klonoa found this to be so refreshing that he forgotten that he was panting like a dog. A large skeletal creature roars and Klonoa sees that it had grafted the enlarged demonic blade that Carl had and swings it at him.

Klonoa: YOU! That doesn't belong to you! 

Klonoa fires shots of wind. It holds out a hand which then gets covered by an armored tendril which acts a shield. It swipes at Klonoa with its tail which extended. Klonoa spreads the magic energy to form a shield but the impact still sent him toward the ground.

Klonoa: Oof... 

It raises its blade arm and slams it down upon Klonoa. Klonoa dodges and fires a concentrated beam of energy from his finger at the blade. It didn't seem to do anything. Klonoa takes out the sheathed sword and focuses his energy again. It forms a large wind sword which to Klonoa didn't have any weight other than the sheathed sword itself. Klonoa launches himself forward at incredible speeds using wind. It swings its blade planning to clash with Klonoa's blade. 

Klonoa: You aren't cutting through this blade.

They clash and neither sword sliced through the other. They strike again and again and again. Cracks starts to form on the creature's blade. Klonoa charges his magic and thrusts his wind sword at the cracks making the large demonic blade shatter into pieces. If the monster could feel surprised or fear it would have but instead it just continued to attack without pausing to consider what had been taken away. This surprised Klonoa who narrowly dodges a skeletal claw from crushing him. 

Klonoa: This thing is craz-

Its tail split in two and both of them came at Klonoa from his left and right. Klonoa throws out his arms to create a barrer. The creature then went in to bite Klonoa's head off. Klonoa dodges out of the way at the last moment making its tails slam into its skull like head. It roars and randomly uses its limbs and sharp tendril tails. Klonoa realizes it is not letting him get a moment to catch his breath and was able to move faster now that it doesn't have a massive blade grafted into one of its hands. Klonoa focuses and when it made another claw attack he sliced it off with the wind sword. Klonoa kept this up. He was at no moment struggling as his thought and reaction speed was much faster than before. Klonoa finally did enough damage that it couldn't maintain its form and it crumbles.

Klonoa: To think this is what kind of monster Carl had become... 

Victor: Well? What did you think of the monster? Its rank?

Klonoa's thoughts: Around mid to high B rank. There were some close calls. Mostly because I am still adjusting to how strong I have become. I'm moving and thinking faster than I ever was before! It was an easier fight then I had thought. I think I could have taken on a high B rank right now with some difficulty. If I practice and getting uses to all of this I could fight a low A rank.

Victor: Hm... I would say you would be able to fight against a mid A rank if you practiced and used a magic item. Perhaps even barely scrape by fighting the high A rank if you fought with everything you had or had more magic items.

Klonoa's thoughts: More magic items? Wasn't that sword magical? I know I broke it but can't I use it's pieces?

Victor: It would be like taking a lightbulb from a damaged lamb and build a lamp from another device. You would need EXTENSIVE knowledge of magic items.