chapter 2

"Park Jimin?"

The boy looks up at the call. He was sat alone on the stairs leading to the soccer field. Yunji tries to give him a friendly smile and sits beside him.

"Hello, I'm Yunji. Jeon Yunji-" she stretches a hand but he just looks at it and faces the other way, like he's not interested.

Yunji feels uncomfortable, but she needs to know where her son is. Which gets her to speak out finally.

"Uhh do you know Jeon Jungkook?"

He finally looks at her. And she sighs in relief when he nods.

"I'm his mother."

"Oh."

Yunji feels irritated by his attitude. Doesn't he know how to speak with elders? No greetings, no nothing?

"Where do you live?" she ask as friendly as possible.

"Near the slum." he replies.

Yunji nods. She doesn't know what to say, more. "Uhh..what does your dad do?"

"He is dead."

Yunji feels uncomfortable, but she needs to know where her son is. Which gets her to continue to speak.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What about your mother?"

"She works at a factory."

"factory?" Yunji raises a brow, feeling weird. What kind of factory. Anyways, she shakes her thoughts off and gets straight to the point.

"Do you perhaps know where Jungkook is?"

"I don't." his stern reply made Yunji suspect something was wrong.

"But the guard said he'd seen you with him the last time."

"I said I don't know," he says rather in a cold tone his time.

"Listen," she grabs his hand suddenly.
"He hasn't been home since last night. I'm so worried for him. Please...please help me. Won't you help him, he's your friend, right?"

"I'm not his friend!" he yells and pulls his hand back.

Thats when Yunji's eyes goes to his wrist. The watch he was wearing, seems familiar.

Jimin stands up and as he's about to leave, Yunji grabs his hand and stares at it with tears.

"Where did you get this watch." she groans.

Jimin furrows his eyebrows and looks at his wrist. "It's mine." he says boldly.

"Don't lie!" Yunji screams and stands up, making Jimin flinch. "This is his Jungkook's Dad's watch! Jungkook liked it so much thats why his dad gifted him to wear it instead! And it was stolen a few months ago. How the did you get this??"

Jimin pulls his hand back again. "I told you, it's mine!" he yells back and runs away.

Yunji just breaths heavily, while she stares at the boy run away.