chapter 8

'didn't you hide his body properly? How did they find it?'

Jimin looks at text in his phone. He sighs a breath and falls down on his bed. Soon another message pops up.

'I hope you got rid of the car, the one which you used to kill him. Or you'll get in trouble. '

He cursed and throws his phone across the bed. He feels like his head is about to burst. He grabs onto it and hungs his head down, staring at the floor unconditionally.

The message repeating in his head again and again and again.

He finally gets up, grabs his phone and heads out. He watches his mother sleeping soundly with his two sisters and the youngest brother. He stares at them for a while and walks out of the main door.

As the door shuts, Chaeyong opens her eyes. She raises her head views the wall clock. 2 am. Chaeyong gulps and looks back at the door.

As she walks upto the window and looks outside, she sees her son getting on his bicycle wearing a rain coat even though, it wasn't raining.

"mom?"

Chaeyong flinches at her daughter's voice.

"What are you doing near the window?" she asks, rubbing her eyes.

Chaeyong quickly puts on her jacket. "Jihyuna, will you take care of your brother and sister? I'll be back in a while. " she mumbles rushing back and forth.

"But...where are you doing this late?"

Jihyuna was her eldest daughter after Jimin. She was twelve and was a well mannered kid.

"I'm going after you brother. You will look after your siblings, right?" she asks with pleading voice.

"Yes mom, please bring back Jimin-ah." she says in a cute voice, making Chaeyong chuckle.

Chaeyong puts on her boots and runs, she literally runs in the direction where Jimin went. Her heart beating abnormally as she just mumbles one thing.

"no Jimin, no Jimin, no Jimin, please no...." she feels her tears blurring her views as she runs down the alley.

"I didn't raise you to become like this. Please don't do anything stupid." she cries just before.

She just keeps running, not knowing where she was heading to. To her, it seemed like Jimin's school. And she was write.  The path leaded to the back of the school.

She stopped and gulped as she stared at the path. A narrow path surrounded by tall trees which leaded deeper into the forest. She didn't want to go there, especially not at night but she had no other choice.

She starts running again, until she spots something. she hides behind a bush to get a clear view.

A car arrives at the area and parks near the pond in the bushes.

Who is it driving here at this hour? Is this person perhaps here to meet Jimin?

She thinks as she bites onto her cuticles and stares continously. But she never expected her heart to skip a beat, watching Jimin walk out of the car. He walked out of the driver's seat. He drove the car. He knows how to drive?

Chaeyong breathed heavy. She felt dizzy, like the whole world around her was spinning. She watched Jimin pick up his bike and walk towards his home again.

Chaeyong waited till he left, then he slowly walked upto the car. It was an old worn out van but still could be driven. She peeked inside but it was very dark. She tried to open the door and luckily it was open.

She just wished it had never opened. She wished she had never come to this place, after Jimin then she wouldn't have to see the view she witnessed.

The car's back seat was covered in blood. blood everywhere, not bloodstains. It was like fresh blood.

Chaeyong breathed heavy. She felt dizzy, like the whole world around her was spinning. She leaned further and she finally saw it.

A school uniform with the name tag 'Jeon Jungkook' written on it. It was covered in blood too.

She felt like puking. She grabbed her stomach and scrambled to the side, throwing up everything she had ate for dinner. She could feel her eyes soak from tears. Her heart aching very bad.

"w-why Jimin?" She fell on her knees and started crying. "why?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Some old woman said, she'd seen a boy in school uniform and covered in blood the other day." Eunwo says as he scrolls through his laptop.

Yunji and Jungsin look at each other.

"Who was it?"

"We don't know. That's why we called her today. She's outside. " Eunwo displays a clear picture of Jimin on the screen. "Call her in-" he gestured the officer.

An old lady enters the room right after. She bows down at the people inside and quitely sits down in front of the screen.

"Grandma, do you remember the kids face?" Eunwo asks.

"I do remember his face a little." she says. "It was dark and it was raining very heavily. I saw the kid in his uniform leaning on the wall inside the alley. When I got closer, I saw him covered in blood. His white shirt was painted in red. His hair was dripping rain and blood was smeared all over hus face as well. I called him out and asked him what was he doing but he ran away. "

"Is this the kid you saw that night?" Eunwo points at the screen.

The woman squints her eyes and looks closer then she gasps. "It was him-"

Yunji gasps a breath and buries her face into Jungsin's chest as the man holds her tighter.

"Are you sure, it's him?"

"Yes, yes. The boy had pitch black hair with bangs at the front and his face was really pretty like a girl. I jut recognised him as a boy because he was wearing shorts and hairstyle was boyish." she looks at the picture and back at Eunwo.

"It's him."

The lady leaves after a while and Eunwo stands up, ready to tell her another important news.

"Also, someone complained that there is a car at the back of the school which caused Jungkook's accident."

"Who did the complain?" Yunji asks.

"Don't know. She didn't say her name, but she said she knows the truth and she'll follow the path of justice. " Eunwo says with hands against his waist.

"what?" Yunji furrows her eyesbrows. "What did you find in the car?" she says with a gulp.

"uniform." he says. "Jungkook's uniform with his blood on it."

Yunji gasps and looks at him with teary eyes.

"There was someone else blood ond finger prints all over the steering wheel and the clothes,"

"W-whose?"

"Jimin's."

***********