chapter 9

~"Park Jimin, a seventeen year old boy is taken into custody for murder of one of his classmate, Jeon Jungkook. The reasons for the act is not known yet, stay tuned for more."~

Yunji turns of the TV and wipes her eyes. "I never knew I'd come to this day..." she sighs.

"I'm so sorry Yunji-sshi...." Chaeyong cries as she kneels down in front of him, her hands are pressed on floor.

"I'm so sorry," she sobs again.

"I wish that sorry could bring back my son." Yunji scoffs and looks outside the window. "I wish this never happened. I wish I'd never let him go to school that day."

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry, sorry..." the woman keeps repeating.

Her twelve-year-old daughter sniffing at the corner, watching her mother cry and beg for forgiveness.

When Chaeyong is taken away by Jungsin's staff people to meet Jimin in the custody, Jihyuna is left alone in the house with Yunji.

She keeps staring at Yunji, and the woman cannot take it anymore.

"Ajhumma" she finally speaks up. "Ajhumma please save Jimin-ah" she cries as she clenches onto her dress.

She sighs and looks the other way.

"p-please save him. He isn't a bad person. Please don't let him go to jail-"

"Your Jimin-ah killed my son." Yunji says as she looks straight into her. "He killed my-"

"n-no..." she shakes her head. "He didn't kill Jungkook oppa."

Yunji pauses and keeps staring at her. "You...you know Jungkook? You know him?" she asks.

And she nods. "Jimin-ah promised me not to tell this to anyone, b-but I don't want him to go to jail." she shutters.

Yunji grabs on her shoulders and pulls her closer making her sit on the couch. "What is ut Jihyuna? What do you know about them?"

"Jimin-ah would never kill Jungkook oppa. They were friends....very close friends. " she says and Yunji gasps. "He would bring Jungkook oppa home somedays when mom wasn't home."

"J-Jungkook oppa was so sweet, he'd bring us sweets and chocolates. He'd play with us. And he'd stay with Jimin-ah in his room for hours. They'd sing together, they'd play. I always heard them laughing and talking to each other."

Yunji licks her lips, feeling her mouth dried up from parting it too long.

"Jimin-ah would enver kill him. n-never..." she cries.

"But he told me they weren't friends. He told me he hated him." Yunji grabs her head. "What is happening?"

"I can take you to their place." Jihyuna says standing on her feet. "They have a shelter at the back of school."

"....near the pond?" Yunji asks and Jiyuna nods.

Yunji takes Jihyuna in her car and drives to the place.

She grabs Yunji's finger with her small hand and leads her the way. They reach the pond and a little away, she sees an old cottage. It looked worn out and old and like it was hollow on the inside.

Yunji kicks the door, dust and dirt falling everything. She covers her mouth and coughs a bit, until she sees the inside.

The inside was completely different. It was so bright inside, the sunlight entering from the wooden framed windows making place lit up. She gasped as she looked around.

Pictures, photos stuck everywhere on the whole. She neared the wall and scanned the pictures.

It was them. Both of them.

Selfies taken together, smiling and laughing, happy faces.

A picture of her son laughing with his bunny teeth, another picture of Jimin reading a book like it was taken candid.

There were pictures of them hugging and messing with each other. Moreover the one picture that caught her eyes was the one where they were....kissing each other?

She breaths heavy as she looks at those pictures. She scans around the place. There were toys and books, that belonged to Jungkook and some maybe Jimin's?

A mattress lying at the corner that Yunji clearly remembers is Jungkook's old matress. He had told her he'd give it away to poor people. There are plushies and books all over the mattress.

A guitar lying on the ground, that belongs to Jungkook as well.

She steps back trying to capture everything within her eyes before her feet hits something. She looks down. It's a bag.

She crouches near it and opens it.

Money. Bundles and bundles of money in there. A lot of money. Like about half a million.

"Jiyuna...whose money is this?"

"I don't know." she shakes her head.

**************

a/n: So just a hint of how the boys look like in this book:

Seventeen year old Kook and Mimi-