Chapter IX: Dust in the Tavern

The following morning, Royland arose from the unease of change. Though his eye lids lingered with the faintest of weight, he felt well rested with a revitalized ease. It were as if seven gems reigned their might solely upon Royland body, though the thought of what warranted such severe punishment were in his head as a thorn in a fruit. It were as if he could not help but ponder the hallucinations he experienced, for the question still remained; is what he experienced a subconscious paranoia or a true reality?

There was a subtle stabbing sensation in his tummy as he thawed his body through the depths of comatose. It were in a forceful attempt his wobbly legs thrive, as he were relearning to walk once again for the first time. A sharp beam above bare a fury against his lifelessly pale skin. A sensation that would only last a few seconds until his bladder beckoned the need to push through.

It would be what felt like a fortnight of slumber between the time he stood and the collapse. He could smell it. Whether or not it were the sludgy wooden floors that wreaked or himself felt to be of a contemplative variable. Stretching put his mind at ease before he could overthink what that could possibly be that his foot found itself in. Getting himself out of bed, he plopped some clothes on and realized the room was a mess. Brandulf was also no where to be found. Perhaps they'd been robbed? What is there possibly to Rob? They have nothing to begin with.

There seemed to be some commotion from outside, further beckoning his desire for a strong potent mug of coffee, perhaps a pint of ale.

As he stepped foot on the tall lush and well kept greenway, he saw an outraged village of folk ready to rip their hairs off their head- or perhaps rip someone else's hairs off their head. Either way, this could only be one persons doing, and their name begins with Brandulf. That clown could be the only one who could possibly get drunk enough to go this insane. Royland couldn't see this being a regular thing in this town with regulars at the bar, but his assumptions aren't always true. Best he check and see what's going on to make sure Brandulf is alright.

As he entered the saloon, the barkeep threw a glass at Royland, smashing next to the wall.

Roy: What the hell man?!

Bartender: Can't you read the sign next to you?! The hell is wrong with you?! Common courtesy!

Roy reads the sign, it says "This is a shoes off environment to keep it nice and tidy".

Bartender: Oh, you are an outsider. Please forgive me. Where are you from?

Roy: A tribe up north.

Bartender: Well I don't know how they do it in those tribes, but bars are shoes off only!

Roy, taking his shoes off, and awkwardly sitting on a stool: What happened here?

Bartender: A fox-like traveler came in, had one-too many drinks. Got into a few brawls.

Roy: That sounds awful, sorry to hear that.

Bartender: I trust you're not here to cause the same trouble. What can I get you?

Roy: Something with coffee, sir.

Bartender: Sorry, it's afternoon. We don't do that here.

Roy: I just woke up.

Bartender: Don't care. I'd love to give you coffee, but our culture does not serve coffee after the suns peak. Please forgive me, outsider.

Roy: Is there anything that will wake me up..?

Bartender: This 'tea n tonic' is among my favorites! It's a light blue citrus tea, made using the blue glowing mushrooms from the forests, and a bitter, yet potent, water flavored with varied citrus.