Chapter XVI: Calico Keep

Royland awoke from his comatose with a migraine unlike anything he's ever experienced. Reaching for his forehead, he felt a giant gaping scar going down towards his lip and through his eye. It seems like they had placed a sort of scar on his eye with their blade.

As he grew more aware, he got up from his cold stone bed and scouted out the room. It was just himself, a slab of stone to sleep upon, and a bucket of water. Sitting upwards, Roylands head felt as if it were weighted down. He holstered himself with his hands to maintain his posture but also likely due to his dizziness. Minutes pass and Royland recovered from his dizziness.

Nothing but silence echoed through the cell. There were cracks on the walls, a wooden floorboard that when stopped on, appeared to not be hallowed. That would have been his only escape.

Looking upwards, he fought grasps a slight light overhead. He noticed that the room was tiny in size but tall. It appeared he was underground and the only source of lighting was coming from a barred window from above. He could hear very faint running water.

A metal door opening startled Royland with its loud echoey creek, as he fell back down onto the floor. He sat up, and while the metal door remained closed, a small barred-in window on the door slid open, and then closed again.

Royland stood up to watch what would happen, as the door opened again after rustling and clawing- so it sounded.

Four Kattons walk in. One was Sparta, the other was the guard who would not let the vigilantes into the palace.

The other was a tall, muscular black Katton- not from around this area. But he was well dressed and appeared in heavy armor from head to toe.

Finally, the other Katton in the middle was the princess, whose body guard was that tall muscular Katton. They stood closed to one another while the guardsman and Sparta stood on the other sides.

In Lapis' paws was a letter, the contents of which could barely be read outright, but it was signed with a "Love" followed by a fancy signature. It appeared to indicate that it was the one that was delivered by flight earlier.

Lapis: Aegon?

The tall black Katton nodded and left the cell, closing the door.

Sparta: The princess recieced this letter. You lied to us. Her mother is perfectly well, as she is currently on her way home. Remember seeing that raven today? You have some explaining to do, spy.

Royland turned his attention from Sparta over to Lapis, who was a year younger than when they previously met. She held her head downwards, as if ashamed to see the likes of Royland in the situation he was currently facing. Though, a slight cynical grin was shrouded innocently under her lush hair.

Sparta: We seek answers.

Royland remained quiet.

Sparta: Silence isn't going to get you out of this situation. Answers on the other hand will.

Royland continued to remain quiet, primarily out of fear for his safety.

Sparta, looking towards Lapis: My princess, it does not appear as we will get answers from them.

Royland remained quiet.

Sparta: Are you not going to answer-

In a split second, Lapis's eyes widened. Her two blades immediately drew from her holsters. Without word, one of her blades slit the neck of Sparta while the other split the guardsman in half. The collision was so powerful, it was echoing as if a ball balancing off the wall... she harnessed some powers unlike what he has seen before. It would appear to Royland her blades were jewel crested, as if blades from the earth itself.