Chapter XII: Bounty

His body fell to the floor, as if anchors weighed his body down with every passing second. Roy remained vulnerable, he though, as he lay unconscious in the forest. It was as if his body lay primal in a vast ocean of everlasting darkness; hard to breathe, but a light could be seen from above. Could it be the sun...? Swinging his arms, he made his way to the very top, grasping for the surface. As he approached, the rays grew blinding, eventually reaching the summit, gasping for air and awakening to a log cabin surrounded by the scent of pine needles and warmth. Where was he...? Was he dead?

Brandulf: You're back!! I was worried about you.

Prim: It would appear as if you fought off that fiend on your own. I saw the entire thing go down. You have quite the powers. Why didn't you say anything before the battle...?

Royland: I was not sure how to use them.

Prim: I suppose the best evidence is seeing your powers first hand.

Brandulf: Royland, we will stand by you. I assure that we admire your courage to speak of your truths and ideals. From this moment forward, my sword is yours, descendant. I have... waited too long, kept hope despite everyone telling me I was insane for sticking to this path.

Prim: I would assume that we are all outcasts, wouldn't you?

Royland: Your individuality is more important than blending in to society.

Brandulf: I would expect nothing less from you, descendant. Please, lead the Vigilantes... I have sworn my life to your arrival, and you have finally proved that I was not alone. Since ancient times, the vigilantes have served the descendant, starting with our founder, Drogon. You are familiar with their legend, right?

Royland: Not quite.

Prim: What do they teach you in school?

Royland: School...?

Prim: By the seven, they don't have school in your tribe?

Brandulf: No matter! This is my role, my purpose. I see it now... Royland, I will be your guide as you will be mine. I believe we are to have been fated to meet. Yes, that is it! Fated indeed... I am sworn to you, oh great one.

Roy: Please, no formalities.

Brandulf: Your woe truly is humble, though I am sworn to serve you, my lord-

Roy: Formality?

Brandulf: Lord Royland (He bows)

Prim: On gods? (A saying similar to "what the hell?")

Royland: Gods rise with you, Brandulf. We are equals.

Brandulf: Equals...? What mean you?

Roy: Friends. No formalities are required.

Brandulf: That... that doesn't seem right.

Prim: Roy, customs outside the tribes before me stand by ideals of those born in ode to the treatment of gods as they rightfully deserve. Don't you desire that, as does all of man-kind?

Royland glared through Prim, as a shiv were to poke a bug.

Prim: Am I missing something?

Roy: Act not on desires, rather individual truths. I for one don't desire such power. I am as you are; man.

Prim: Oh, and what makes your so high and mighty?

Brandulf: The Descendant...

Royland: I am thou; thou art I. Do I not walk alongside thy? Two feet, upright, common tongue and freedom of will?