Chapter XV: Thornes on Thrones

Along the palace walls of the palace, walls held together with the golden snow imprisoned the Vigilantes, as if a safe hug. If not for him to hear it with his own ears and see it with his own eyes, the walls would allow for a sense of safety. Though, he hadn't seen it with his own eyes... stories in detail of the event felt as if he were there.

Stepping off the chariot, Roy could see it. Surrounding the city were weapons of sheer penetrating power; a true threat to any, walls thicker than the world itself could barely hold out the battalions of blue-armored infantry units surrounding the capital.

There were the dragons... metaphorically speaking, that is. But in the distance... he could swear he heard a faint roar, as if it were echoing across the golden sand. Dragons were docile, though could it be true what they say about the army? Be it as they will stay sheltered from civilization, though it would adversely appear as if the stories mentioned men wielding poisonous blades of blue radiating crystals and hand sized bow and arrows capable of spewing out flames.

In front of him was the shadow of his enemy, speaking words of poison, like his dual wielded sharp swords.

???: You enter the domaine of Calicostan for what cause?

Royland: I...

Feelings of nausea sent chills down his spine, as if sharp glass colder than the tundra pricked the back of his neck all the way down to the bottom of his feet. His hair stood tall, as if he were about to be struck by lightning.

Brandulf: Royland? You alright? The gentleman asked you a question.

Royland: Huh? O-Oh! We have been sent here as a warning of events in the future. A dark storm of a hundred thousand black and blue shrouds the kingdom, the queen must be aware of the threat of the empires invasion.

Guard, chuckling: The queen?

Royland: Yes, what did I say?

Guard: Listen, best you leave here while you can. The queen is all but seven miles away fighting off a barbarian invasion of pathetic blue warriors. You really want me to believe such nonsense?

Bells begin chiming, catching Royland off guard. Looking up at the skyline, a small winged lizard resembling a baby serpent approaches the walls of the castle. The guards welcome it, as it wields a scroll. As it lands on the window second level below the top, a princess appears. It was her, long golden hair, a circuit and bejeweled armor. Royland gazes up at her, as if he seen her for the first time. As she bowed to thank the messenger serpent, she gazed down for a mere second, and walked off.

Guard: Don't get any ideas, peasant.

Sparta, placing her hand on Roy's shoulder, looks him in the eye, and walks away after confirming there was not much she could do simply by nodding her head. She gets back in the taxi, and Royland, baffled by the turn of events, is left speechless and confused.

Prim: Just like that?!

Sparta: Just like that.

Bran: I don't get it.

Sparta, signaling the taxi driver before they leave to not go so she can have a word with the team, poking her head out of the caravan: Listen, in this city, people of power shut themselves away from the commoners. It's the way of life. No matter how much I vouch for you and how much I trust you, the guards clearly do not trust your judgment.