Mistakes

Thus this the last chapter for this month because I'm procrastinating at this whole 'studying' thing. I'm stuck in middle school— last year before high school in fact. [edit: year 8 when I wrote this]

But enjoy! B)

---

<Nico>

"Nico, wake up little brother!"

Bianca... I'm... Sorry...

"Nico, wake up! Your three days is over!"

Will, I can't s-stop this...

"Cupcake, it's not worth it,"

Coach Hedge... I know it isn't, but it is...

"You are an outcast,"

I know.

I know.

It would be so much easier if I just let... Everything go.

I... Want  to.

I need to.

I can't handle this anymore.

'Drink, boy, drink,' the voice whispered in my ear 'Just drink and all your pains will be erased.'

I cupped my hands slowly, re-thinking if this was what I really wanted.

"You're useless! I hate you!"

He did. He hated me. My own father... Resented his only living son. I was never have meant go be born.

I was mistake.

An illusion.

I was never entwined with the ridiculous quest.

I was never meant to have lived.

A few drops of the milky liquid splattered onto my normal attire. For sure, it would leave a permanent mark... But I couldn't care less.

'They could've done the quest without you. The only person necessary was you sister. And if it weren't for the prediction of the second unexpected child of the underworld, then she would still be alive. Your mother would be alive."

I can't handle this anymore.

I took a huge gulp of the water. A stinging sensation started at my throat; slowly ascending towards my brain.

I'm sorry.

So sorry.

But I can't take this anymore.

———

<Will>

' You're amazing! I love you!'

But I don't love you. I love him.

' You look so hot! '

I don't care about looks.

But I will always remember that dream that seemed so real... Before he dissapeared.

Nico was cupping water from the river Lethe. And he drank it.

I don't care if he thinks he failed.

He's strong.

I'm weak.

He knew his mistakes.

I didn't.

Because the biggest mistake I made was not noticing how he felt.

He could only keep up that act for so long.

He really was broken inside.

And I couldn't fix him.

I couldn't heal him.

This was all my mistake.

He would still be here... If it weren't for me...

"I am a mistake, Solace. I was never meant to be born. I doomed my sister. I'm not worthy to be standing here, alive and breathing, when my sister knows nothing of her past. '

Of course, she drank the water from the river Lethe, too. But she chose to be reborn without seeing her brother again... Now Nico can't even find her...

Everyone makes mistakes Nico.

But loving you was certainly not a mistake.