Chapter Two - Valiant

Ember sits reading in her window seat when there's a knock on the door "Enter

Ember sits reading in her window seat when there's a knock on the door "Enter." she calls. Arthur walks in "You better have had a wash since training, you're not coming near me otherwise." Ember tells him playfully. "Yes I've washed." Arthur responds, joining her on the window seat. "Good." she smiles. "You looking forward to the tournament?" Arthur asks. "You mean am I looking forward to cheering you on?" Ember counters. "That too." Arthur smiles. "Hmm..." Ember pretends to think. "Oh, now you're being mean." Arthur tells her. "I'm joking, of course I'm looking forward to cheering you on." Ember smiles, leaning into him. "What you reading?" Arthur asks. Ember smiles "Book on plants and their medicinal properties I borrowed from Gaius." she responds. "Why am I not surprised that you're learning something new?" Arthur chuckles. "Because I'm always learning something new." Ember smiles, marking her page and closing the book.

The next day Ember goes down to the training ground to wish Arthur luck before the tournament begins, walking over she finds him being prepped by Merlin "Arthur, Merlin

The next day Ember goes down to the training ground to wish Arthur luck before the tournament begins, walking over she finds him being prepped by Merlin "Arthur, Merlin." she greets. "Ember, I thought you'd be in the stands by now." Arthur tells her. "I'm about to but first..." Ember tells him, walking over and tying a small red ribbon to the buckle on his right voider "...there. For good luck." she tells him. Arthur smiles "Thought you'd forgotten this year." he tells her. "As if I'd forget to give you a lucky ribbon." Ember smiles. Merlin grabs Arthur's cape and ties it on him before handing Arthur his helmet "Great, yeah. I think you're all set." he tells Arthur. "Aren't you forgetting something? My sword." Arthur tells him, Ember biting her lip to stop herself from giggling. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, sorry. Guess, uh, you'll be needing that." Merlin says handing Arthur the sword. Arthur grabs the sword and heads off to the tournament grounds "That went well." Merlin remarks. "Could have been worse, could have forgotten all his armour." Ember smiles before leaving to go and take her place next to Uther.

Uther walks onto the tournament grounds and stops in front of knights "Knights of the realm, it's a great honour to welcome you to a tournament at Camelot. Over the next three days, you will come to put your bravery to the test, your skills as warriors, and of course, to challenge the reigning champion, my son, Prince Arthur. Only one can have the honour of being crowned champion, and he will receive a prize of 1,000 gold pieces. It is in combat that we learn a knight's true nature, whether he is indeed a warrior or a coward. The tournament begins!" he announces, the crowd cheering as the knights disperse leaving Arthur and his opponent as the only ones in the arena. Uther stops by Arthur, speaking to him before patting his back and joining Ember in the royal box. Guards take Arthur and the other knight's capes, making them put on helmets before starting the fight. Arthur wins making the crowd cheer, Ember being the loudest and smiling when Arthur looks at her "May I go and congratulate Arthur, My Lord?" she asks. "Of course." Uther nods.