KARAN

My sister's wedding----

"Mujhe baat nahi karni." Tejasswi said trying to leave the room.

"Baat to karni padegi, him aise to situation avoid nahi kar sakte hai na." I tried making sense.

"Koi situation hai hi nahi, tum kyu banane ki koshish kar rahe ho." She said.

"Mein banane ki koshish kar raha hu! Me banane ki nahi tum believe nahi karne ki koshish kar rahi ho. Bhagna to koi solution hai nahi na." I said.

"Usne tumhe propose kia hai Karan!! Tum yaha kyu aaye ho! Vidhi kya sochegi!" She said.

"I don't care! Wo kya sochegi, ye kya sochega! All I care about is......" I wanted to confess but she kept her fingers on my lips, making me stop.

"Shhhhhh! Mat bolo.... mat bolo, please!" She said, and I saw her eyes were filled with tears but she gulped hard and didn't let them fall.

"Mere nahi bolne se sach to nahi badal jaega na!" I held her hand and kissed her fingers which were still on my lips.

She gasped and tried to pull her hand back but I didn't let go of it.
"Don't try to pull your hand back, tum mujhe convince nahin kar sakti ke tum mere liye kuch feel nah karti."

"Mein nahi karti! Mujhe nahi karna chahiye! Mujhe humesha se pata tha ke vidhi kya feel karti hai, mein nahi kar saki aise!" She said in a panicked voice.

"Kya feel nahi kar sakti! Name it, say the word Teju, say it.." I held her arms.

"No, no! Let me go Karan, please! Vidhi dekh legi to galat samjhegi." She said pulling herself away from me.

"Wo sahi samjhegi Teju, finally sahi samjhegi!" I pulled her back to me.

She finally pushed me away and ran out of the room, leaving me all in the mess. My sister's wedding was going on I was just not present there mentally, I performed all the rituals that were supposed to be done as a brother but my heart was somewhere else. She was sitting in front of me with Vidhi and trying to avoid my eyes.

That was it, I was done with this Vidhi loves you shit, she needs to realise that the feelings I have are for her, and she needs to know that she feels the same for me!

_________________________

A few days back---

"Hi Karan! It's vidhi!" The voice on the other side of the phone said.

"Hi Vidhi! Is everything okay!! Is teju okay! Where is she!" I panicked. It was the first time Vidhi called me directly.

"Yeah, Yeah! She is perfectly fine. I wanted to talk to you!" She said.

"Oh okay! Tell me is there any problem!" I asked.

"Can you meet me! I wanted to talk to you face to face." She said.

"Okaayy!! You sure na vidhi, Teju is fine na!! Achanak se kya?" I asked, worried about my little Teju.

"Haan Haan Karan! Wo thik hai! Lekin use pata nahi hai ke meine tumhe call Kia hai! Please use mat batana, aur aaj sham ko free ho to hum mil sakte hai kya?" She said again.

"Okay! I guess I am free after 9 tonight! Where do you want to meet?" I asked thinking about the places jaha paps na ho. "There is a pizza place near by, I will send you the address we can go there." I suggested.

"Okay 9:30 it is! Send me the address and don't tell Teju!" She said and disconnected the phone.
------------------------

Same day-------

"Hi Karan!" She said giving me a side hug.

"Hey Vidhi! I thought Teju bhi aayegi!" I was a little disappointed.

"Mujhe baat karni thi!" She said hesitantly.

"Let's order something first!" I asked and she agreed.

We ordered our pizzas and soft drinks, and I dug in straight away as I was starving

"Hmmm! Tell me, kya hua?" I asked with my mouth full.

"Ummm! Karan.... Wo mein... Karan... I like you!" She said and took a pause.

"Okay! I like you too Vidhi, you are a really sweet girl. You know mein to bhul hi gaya tha ke you were part of the 'tigdi' with Neha and Teju......" I said but she interrupted.

" No Karan! Suno, samjho! I like you, what I mean is I love you!" She said and I almost choked on the diet coke.

"Vidhi... I...." I don't know how to not accept someone's proposal. I would have given this a chance if I didn't feel for Teju so strongly.

"We have been talking for so long, I thought you might have some idea about it" she said, but the fact was I was talking to her just so that I can know a little bit more about Teju as she hardly spoke, atleast to me.

------------------------------------

"It was me who insisted Teju to call you Karan, she was really hesitant that what should I say to him after so many years!" Vidhi told.

"Oh! I thought.... She might feel lonely in this new place and.." I felt bad for a moment, but then why would she feel lonely when she had her cousin sister in the same city.

"Does she knows about....." I asked and she nodded in agreement.

That makes sense now, everytime I called her she never picked up the call, well most of the times. Whenever we decided to meet either Vidhi was always with her or she had some urgent work at the end moment. That stupid girl was trying to set me up with her friend. But I was sure I have seen something in her eyes, I have seen feelings for me!
-----------------------------------

I still remember the way she ran to me when she got know I had an accident. It was 2:45 in the night, Omi was there with me, she came and was sitting till the morning and asked Omi to sleep.

It felt so good to open my eyes to that view. She smiled at me and asked "you can't drive, can you?"

"Oh please, I am the best. Once I am fine I will take you out on a long drive , then you will know!" I said.

"Na baba! I don't want to break my head like you! Mujhe office jana padta hai, aur kam bhi hote hai, not like you baithe baithe order karna!" She laughed.

"Haa aur acting tera sasur karta hai?" I faked anger.

"Okay now l! Personal mat ja! Breakfast bata kya banau take your medicine then I will leave for my work." She said getting up " din me to Omi ne bataya tumhare liye bana dengi didi khana, sham ko mein bhej dungi!"

"Yahin aa jana, sham ko?" I asked, "so Omi bhi to ghar jayega! What if I need something!" I said, full of hope.

"Mein.... Vidhi....." I know what she would have said

"....... Tu ana!! Please, I will be more comfortable!" I said without letting her complete.

"Mein sirf keh rahi thi Vidhi ko bata dungi... She wanted to come for a sleepover!" She said "drama queen!"
---------------------------
But then if that was true... Then what was this? I need to talk to her.
__________________________