BE CAREFUL FOR WHAT YOU WISH FOR

"Show him the pictures, Teju!!!" Vidhi said.

"He is looking so lost!!!" She said.

"The doctor said I should not show him or try to make him remember unless he asks!!!" I told her, I know I had tears in my eyes. It was difficult looking at Karan who was sitting in the balcony looking at the sky, blankly.

"But he doesn't remember a thing!!! Not even your name!!" Vidhi said.

"I know.... Imagine living in the same house and I can't even hold him when he is upset or struggling to remember things!!" All I wanted to do was to hug him and tell him that it's going to be okay.

"That is why I am asking you to show him the pictures!!!" Vidhi insisted.

"I can't..... use uncle aunty bhi yaad nahi hai, woh bhi toh patiently wait kar rahe hai na!!" I said.

"Teju 15 din ho gaye hai!!!" She said.

"Bohot badi chizen stake par hai Vidhu, his life, his work.... " I was genuinely worried "ek baar use mein na bhi yaad aau lekin uska kaam...."

"Aur teri shaadi!!" Vidhi said in a concerned tone. "15 din me shadi hai Teju!! Final fittings ke liye Jana tha..." she was right, we were getting married in 15days, I did have my final fitting and then we were suppose to go on a dinner before I leave for Jalandhar. Karan wasn't really enthusiastic about me going away for 20 days.

"Vi...." I wanted to make her understand but I saw Karan coming inside from the balcony.
"You need anything Sunny? Mujhe awaz laga dete na!"

"Mein aapko pareshan nahi karna chahta tha.... waise bhi aapko apna Ghar mere sath share karna padh raha hai..." he said formally.

"Sunny!!" I was sure I saw a hint of pain in his eyes as I whispered his name.

----------------------

15 days ago ---------

I hugged him as soon as he entered 'our' apartment. I haven't moved in but most of the times we stayed together mostly at his appartment because it was easy for him to go to his work from here.

"What happened sweetheart?" He asked, his tone was telling me that he was worried and that made me cry even more

"I love you Sunny!" I said and kissed all over his face.

"Okay! Okay! I love you too! But why are you crying?" He asked picking me up in his arms.
He kept me down on the chest drawer near the entrance where we kept our keys and other stuff.

"Karan promise Karo ke kal ko agar mujhe kuch ho jata hai to tum khush rahoge!" I said, sobbing.

"Okay!!! Kaunsi dekhi Aaj, movie!!"
He asked, totally ignoring my request.

"PS I love you!!" I replied "but what is important is that I want to be happy, even after me!"

"Okay!" He said, casually... as if what I ask for was a very normal, natural thing.

"Okay?" I asked. I was definitely hurt.

"Yeah!! I will be happy... aur bol... dusri bhi pata lunga koi, aur bol shadi bhi kar lunga aur 5 bacche bhi!!" He said taking his shoes off.

"I hate you Karan!!" I threw a magazine that was kept on the chest drawer on him, which he obviously catches.

"Are... tune hi to bola na bhul Jana and all!!! Mein to sift Teri baat Maan Raha hu!!" He laughed.

"I wish ke Aisa hi ho!!! Aur tum bhul jao mujhe!!" I said angrily.

"Laddoo!!! Mein tujhe kabhi nahi bhul sakta... aur tujhe kyun kuch...." he was  compensating.

"It's okay Karan!!! I guess itna hi easy hai mujhe bhul jana... tum bhul jao... me kisi aur din ka wait kyun Karu... mein Aaj hi chali jati hu...." I picked up my car keys and left.

"Laddoo yaar!!! Tu aajkal Roz koi movie dekh ke emotional ho jati hai isliye I said..... I was joking Baba!!! Please come inside...." I heard him as I entered the lift.

I simply took my car and went out for a drive. Karan wasn't wrong it's been almost 4 days I am feeling so emotional....

I called Vidhu on my way out.
"Hum fir lad liye!!!" I said.

"Ab kya bola tune.... tujhe kya hua hai Teju...  last night you watched The Notebook  you cried and asked him if he will still love you if you forget him, uske pehle you were reading some crappy novel and asked him if he will give someone else a chance to be romantic with him when you two are still in relationship.... aur teju uske pehle tune use poocha if he will still love of you were a lizard.... what is wrong with you?" Vidhi said.

"Is he complaining about me to you?" I screamed at her. "I will kill him!!!!" I was angry and emotional more on vidhi than Karan.

"Teju he is worried!!! 1 mahina bacha hai shadi ke liye, he is feeling ke tujhe shadi ke liye dar lag raha hai!! Tujhe shadi karni hai na?" She asked.

"Vidhi!! Ye kaisa sawal hai?" Yes we were getting married. What was unfortunate was that there was no proposal, nothing dreamy it was almost like arranged marriage situation. Our parents just one random day asked us Kal accha din hai beta roka kar le? And Karan agreed.
Then one day they asked me Pandit se date nikalwa ke shadi ki? And me and Karan agreed. I really wanted a Karan Kundra style proposal but that never happened.

"Are you pregnant?" Vidhi asked.

Oh my God! "Shut up vidhi!" We took all the precautions..... didn't we? "How could you say that?"

Or maybe I am.... I went to a 24 hour medicine store and got myself 10 pregnancy kit. The store keeper gave me the dirtiest look when he noticed I wasn't wearing any mangalsutra, bindi or sindoor. I took the kits and left. Going to vidhi's home was not a solution right now she would definitely call Sunny. I went to a restaurant that was about to close but I requested them to let me use the washroom. I took out three kits at once and took the test.

My phone was ringing continuously as I was waiting for the result. "Kya hua omi?"
I said still waiting for the result.

"Karan Bhai ka accident ho gaya hai!! Unko leelavati hospital le ke ja rahe hai!!" Came a broken voice.

I ran, as fast as I can.... I didn't even check on the pregnancy test card... threw them in the dustbin as is and ran to the hospital.

___________________

So Maine iska last part delete kar diya haiiiii... isme pehle ka ending mujhe pasand nahi aya... I want more drama.... so here I am... aur ab poleroids koi aur way me dekhega Karan...