NEW LIFE

POV- KARAN (after the accident)

I was in a hospital bed, in a hospital gown, arm fractured, head bandaged, there was a sharp pain in my ribs and I think they are not giving me enough medicine for it. But how did I get here? What place is this exactly, I mean I know it's a hospital but which hospital? What city? Who brought me here? More importantly WHO AM I?

I saw my reflection in the window in my room, I am handsome!!

"Bhai!" The man who I didn't notice at first, who was sleeping in the corner woke up suddenly, maybe because I whimpered in pain.
"Aapko dard ho Raha hai? Mein doctor ko bulata hu!" He rings a bell and a nurse comes.

"Oh my God!" She ran back from the door "he is conscious!"

"So Karan! How do you feel?" The doctor asked while examining me.

So my name is Karan! But Karan what? Sharma! Khanna! Arora! Why the fuck I can't remember?

"Karan! Mr. Kundrra?? Are you feeling well? Is there any pain!" He asked me again.

"Yes!! Yes!!! I mean no, I mean yes!! I have pain in my ribs and my head is hurting." I replied.

"Karan!! Aap kisi ko bulana chahte hai yaha.... parents, sister, brother, girlfriend/wife." Doctor asked, looking at me with a weird expression.

Does he knows that I can't remember a shit!

"I....." I couldn't say a thing, I begin to panic.

"It's okay, nurse mein kuch test likh Raha hu, patient ko le kar jaiye! Omi, we need to talk!" Dr. told Omi. Is Omi his real name? Or short for something.

I tried to listen what doctor and this Omi guy was talking about, but they were talking in a really low voice. Omi looked tensed and looked at me. He smiled sadly and I returned the smile. He then took out his phone and called someone. My parents? Do I have any? Or may my wife or girlfriend whoever I have!! Or was I lonely! But for some reason I feel there was someone waiting for me who was not my parents!!

While I was waiting for my turn for an MRI, this Omi guy was standing near me. It was then, I saw a girl coming there she was walking with the whole IV stand. I found it funny, then I saw a nurse running behind her
"meine aapko bola tha wait karne ko madam, mein wheel chair la Rahi thi." The nurse scold her.
That girl just casually sat on the wheel chair.

"How are you Karan?" I was shocked when she asked me. Do I know her? Who was she? Why is there so much pain in those big beautiful eyes? Was she with me when the accident happened? If she hasn't forgotten a thing why did I? My head start hurting again, the fear, the panic reappeared.
"Aahhh!" I screamed in pain holding my head. I could feel her getting scared and looking at Omi. I had no idea how but I realised she knew him too. Was Omi my real brother?

"Bhai! Aap jyada stress mat lo!! Sab thik hai!" Omi said, and I was taken for the MRI.
------------------------

That girl was there in my room once I came back!!

Who is she? Omi's girlfriend? Nah!!! Omi is looking at her with almost brotherly affection!! So she must be his sister!!! But if omi is my brother this means she is my sister!!! No!!!! Omi doesn't even look like me, he is not my brother!! May be he is my friend!!! That would be okay!!! He is my closest friend!! Her eyes are so pretty.... but why are those pretty eyes sad? Was it because of me?

As I look away from her, because I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable because of my constant staring, I saw an elderly couple standing there. I think my eyes look like the lady but my nose looks more like the man. Were they my parents? They could easily be my parents!! Anyone could tell!