THE DATE

POV-Tejasswi

"Married? Us? Like today?" He was shocked.

"Yes!!" I said.

"I ruined my perfect happy day with my own hands because I was being a show off about my driving skills?" He asked. How does he think the accident happened?

"No you...." I wanted to tell him about that night but he wasn't listening.

".....How can I just go out and bet on a stupid race when I was supposed to get married in a month.... That too with you.... You are my dream come true teju!! I did that to myself.... How much did I hate myself for doing this?" He was just blurting out nonsense.

"Sunny, Sunny!! Listen to me...." I cupped his face
"We had a fight..... I was having serious wedding jitters.... I was panicking and scared.... Because the wedding was in a month.... I was having second thoughts..." I felt guilty.

"You wanted to leave me?" He was hurt.

"What? No, no... No baby! I didn't wanted to loose what we had for ek chutki sindoor aur mangalsutra.... I wanted you with or without koi bhi hadh.... I never meant to bound you aur mujhe lag raha tha ke tum sirf isliye sab baaton ke liye haan karte ja rahe ho kyunki humare parents keh rahe hai...." I sound so stupid right now!

"But you said I gave you the ring!" He was right.

"Sunny!! Mein.... Yeah.... You asked to spend the rest of the life together with each other.... But we never really talked about marriage... Ek din achanak parents ne kaha Roka toh roka kar liya.... Phir unhone hi date decide kar li.... Mujhe pata hi nahi tha ke tum yeh sab chize khud chahte ho ya nahi...." I said. I know I am an idiot.

"Teju!!! Mujhe kuch yaad nahi hai tab bhi tu Aaj bolegi mein aaj shadi ke liye tayyar hu.... You were doubting my intentionscin our relationship." He said.

" I am sorry Sunny! Please naraz mat ho... Mein shayad shadi ke naam se dar rahi thi..." My throat hurts, I am going to cry.

"But then how is all of this connected to my accident?." He asked.

"So..... After we had a fight I left our home in anger.... I thought you will follow me.... But you didn't and I got more furious.... I took my car and left...." I said.

"You left me?" He whispered.

"I was scared Sunny!!! I fought with you and you were just not getting my point and I felt so overwhelmed with everything.... My life was going to change....." I said and he looked at me, his expressions screamed 'unbelievable'.

"OUR life was going to change!" He said.

"I know!!!! Sunny.... I know there was no need to panic and I could have talked to you but...... I was also angry because you told Vidhi about my issues..... It should have been between us...." I said.

"Yes!! But you cannot ask me if I would have loved you if you were a lizard or a crocodile.... Mujhe nahi ban na hai yaar chipkali.... Tu chipkali banegi to mein bhi to Tera chipkala ban jaunga na.... How ugly will I look...." Oh my God!!!

"Sunny!!!" I said.

"We had this fight before.... I feel like Deja Vu...." He asked.

"No we never had this fight but what's important is that you remembered!! Is there anything more you remember baby!" I saw him trying harder.

"I am sorry.... But just this..... You left saying that bhul jao mujhe something like that aur I waited for you to come back from the parking and jump on me but when you didn't come I picked up my car keys.... I don't remember anything else!" Oh!!!

"It's okay baby!!" I said kissing the back of his hand.

"Teju!!! I wanted to rest!! My head hurts." He said and I asked him to rest in the bedroom.

I decided to get my study material and some other things while he rest I took a quick shower and fix something to eat before he wakes up. Around after two hours he came out of the bedroom.

"What you doing?" He asked sweetly.

"I am working.... We have an ongoing project... I was supposed to be on leave but since I am not busy.... I joined back...." I said. I saw his face fell for a second and brightening up again.

"Do you mind going out on a date with me? Coffee...." He asked.

"Sure why not?" I said.

"Let me choose something for you...." He said.
"But I will take quick visit to home and I will change..."

"Tumhara kuch saman yaha hai.... Dekh lo..." I suggested and he said it will save time.

Once he decided what I should wear.. he was leaving the room.... Suddenly I saw him turning around.

"Teju... Humari shadi ka time kya tha?"

_______________

Next update on 350 votes. Tabhi hoga ab se.... Aur next chapter will be the last.... The choice is yours....