|𝟮𝟭|~𝗙𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jim and (Y/N) make their way way down to the gallery. Peeking around the corner, they watch as Silver bends down, untying a rope, Morph floating close to his head.

The small creature chitters quietly, watching with interest as the cyborg continues to untie the small boat.

"Morph.." Silver mumbles, "..we gotta make tracks." He says, Morph nodding and replying. "I know!" They continue, finishing up with the last rope, Jim quietly makes his way behind the two, (Y/N) at his side. "You never quit, do you?" (Y/N) says teasingly, her hands folded behind her back.

Silver flinches at the sudden voice, turning around with a light chuckle. "Ah! Jimbo...Cima!" He calls, standing up and looking down at the two.

"I was...merely checking to make sure our last longboat was safe and secure." He lies, both teens watching him with amused smiles.

Jim and (Y/N) approach, the boy kneeling down and untying the rope. "Well.." he reties it, securing it before looking up at the cyborg with a smirk. "That should hold it." Silver chuckles as Jim moves back to (Y/N), gently grabbing her hand in his.

"I taught you two too well.." he says with a shake of his head, laughing softly. (Y/N) raises a brow, squeezing Jim's hand as she watches the cyborg, her smile gone.

"If you don't mind.." Silver continues, "..we'd just as soon avoid prison.." he whispers, looking at Morph as the small blob lands in his hand.

"Little Morphy here..he's a free spirit." Morph flies out of his hand and around the man's head quickly, silver reaching up and caging him in his hands.

"Being in a cage..it'd break his heart.."Silver finishes jokingly, Jim's eyes flashing with understanding before nodding. Morph dramatically squeals as he's released from his small prison, flying around once more.

Silver looks to the two with a fond smile, Jim and (Y/N) smiling back. Jim reaches over and flips a switch, the trap door opening up and wind gently blows through.

The cyborg sighs in relief, (Y/N) bending down and untying the knot. Silver looks at the two, a smile spreading across his face as an idea pops into his mind.

"What say you two ship out with us, lads?" Silver offers with excitement. Morph turns into  two Captain hats, landing on the teens heads. "You's and me! Hawkins, (L/N), and Silver! Full of ourselves and no ties to anyone!"

He pauses, smirking slyly, "Well..except you two of course!" They all chuckle at that, both teens hands still interlocked.

"You know.." Jim starts, "..when I got on this boat.." Jim takes off (Y/N)'s hat before removing his own. Morph quickly shifts back to normal, flying back to Silver.

"Me and (Y/N) would have taken you up on that offer in a second." (Y/N) nods with a fond smile, watching as Jim continues. "..but then I met this old cyborg.."

"And he taught us we can chart our own course.." (Y/N) speaks up, looking at Silver with a small smirk. "And that's what we're gonna do..together." Jim finishes, bringing
(Y/N)'s hand to his mouth and placing a gently kiss to the back of it.

The cyborg watches, tears welling in his eyes. "And..what do you see of that power of yours?" Silver asks.

"A future.." (Y/N) replies, turning to him with a smile, making Silver chuckle. "Why..look at ya's." He says fondly, Jim and (Y/N)'s smiles only widen.

"Glowing like two solar fires.." Jim looks up at Silver while (Y/N) looks down, small tears escape their eyes, they sniff, wiping their eyes with broken chuckles.

"You two are something special, Jim..(Y/N)."Silver's eyes gloss over, matching the two. They all stare at eachother, a never ending steam of tears rolling down their cheeks.

"You two are gonna rattle the stars, you are, I have no doubt about it.."

That was their breaking point, both teens break down, sobbing and hiccuping, their shoulders shaking with every breath. Silver sighs with a smile, opening his arms and neither Jim nor (Y/N) waste anytime.

They lunge towards him, knocking him back a bit, and cling onto his jacket. Silver rubs small circles in their backs, his shirt becoming slightly damp due to the tears.

After a moment Silver pulls away, dabbing his eye with his finger. "Got a bit of grease in this cyborg eye of mine," he jokes, (Y/N) laughs, shaking her head softly.

Jim wipes his eyes with a chuckle, Morph floating between the two and begins to sob, shifting into a puddle of tears.

Jim brings his hands up and cups the puddle in his hands, leaving over to peer inside. "Aww.." (Y/N) coos gently, "Morph, we'll see you around, okay?" She reassures, the small alien shifts back to normal, still whimpering.

"See you around." Morph mimics before completely returning to normal and licking both teens cheeks.

Silver holds his finger out and Morph rests on it, still sniffing. He looks down at his little friend, a sad smile making its way on his face.

"Morphy. I got a job for ya." Silver says, bringing Morph closer to him and purposefully whispers a little to loud, "I need ya to keep an eye on these two pups." Both Jim's and (Y/N)'s eyes widen, watching as Silver continues.

"Will ya do me that little favor?" The cyborg asks, Morph nodding in determination.
"Aye-Aye, Captain!" The pink blob salutes, nudging Silver's cheek in affection just as Silver was about to cry.

Morph flies over and chitters at the teens, rubbing Jim's cheek before rubbing (Y/N)'s.

Silver jumps in the longboat and starts to lower it before calling out, "Oh, and one more thing!" He reaches down, pulling a small pouch out and tossing it to Jim.

The boy looks inside, smiling at the sight of at least a handful of gold and jewels. "For yer dear mother!" He yells, pausing and reaching down again.

"And..!" He tosses another one to (Y/N), a bit smaller than the other pouch, but still a hearty amount. "For future purposes!" Silver says teasingly, winking at the two.

Both teens chuckle, leaning against eachother as their faces flush. "Stay out of trouble you old scallywag!" Jim calls down, wrapping an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders.

"Oh you two.." the boat lowers completely, the teens smiles slightly faltering, "..when have I ever done otherwise?" Silver laughs, starting the boat and taking off. Jim looks down, a tear sliding down his cheek.

(Y/N) reaches up and wipes it off gently, both teens smiling at eachother before turning around and heading back.

He might be gone, but he will always hold a special place in their hearts.

——