CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"Healing was a process. Hisham was already halfway through it and he didn't even know it!"-Amalk807

Once in a blue moon.

More like once in forever.

Or more so, more like once in never ever.

That's quite the exact number of times the Hosseini brothers ever made it to work early and not just early; but a whole hour early.

To say it was quite the hullabaloo would be very much an understatement and one would probably run out of enough synonyms for the word commotion; created by Hisham and Khaleel as they raced each other to the top floor while riding on different elevators.

Childish?

Yes! Pretty much!

They however doing it solely based on the grounds that they were carrying out some kind of a much needed 'survey' and that too for the rest of the employees so as to know which elevator worked the best and the fastest.

Much to Khaleel's utter dismay however, just before his elevator's door could close on him, Hisham had very much sneakily slid in like the slimy little slug he was and pressed the buttons to a few more extra floors.

It was no rocket science that Hisham made it first, with Khaleel in hot pursuit and as far as Yasir was concerned, let's just say he quietly followed them at a tortoise like speed and leave alone pretending not to know them, Yasir went to the extent of pretending he didn't even breathe the same air as them.

That's how embarrassing they were!

Running towards his office at Olympic like speed with Khaleel hot on his heels, Hisham very much dramatically and very much forcefully flung open the gigantic door, not caring a dime that it was made of glass, for was it to shatter into pieces in any case, he most definitely was going to make Khaleel pay for it.

That too, double the price.

Not having even a micro of a second to lose, he did somewhat of a swimmer's dive across his office desk, scrambled to get to his chair and the very second he got on it, he swirled round to face the wall behind him, his back to the door and the minute he heard Khaleel very much breathlessly storm in, he swirled round once again and that too, in the most dramatic manner he could pull off; and with the most serious look ever etched all over his face, he spat...

"Khaleel! This is the CEO's office and not the public washroom in your locality where you can walk in anytime and anyhow! Go back and knock! Twice! Twice until I say 'yes'! Then another two more times until I give you the actual permission to come in!"

Not at all expecting the sudden plot twist, it took a minute for Khaleel to register everything and he couldn't help but laugh loudly giving it to Hisham for always being a step ahead, when it came to any kind of joke and as soon as he got over it, he playfully said...

"You want knocks, right? Il so give you KNOCKS!"

He then very much quickly bent down, got his shoes off in the split of a second and literally the next thing we knew, he was flinging his shoe at Hisham and that too with the most perfect aim.

"Here you go! Eat that!"

"Also, consider that as ONLY but knock number UNO! You're welcome! Now, as for knock number TWO..."

He then picked up his other shoe, flung it again, to which Hisham very much skilfully ducked much to his disappointment.

"Now for the other two knocks as to where your so called 'permission' is concerned..."

He then began to quickly attempt to pull off his socks only for Hisham to literally scream...

"Bro, I swear if you even dare remove your skunk like smelling socks, I'll so call the POLICE!"