~| Day 14: Violet |~

Bit of a funny one since I've been slapping you guys back-to-back with angst lol

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Settling Sky (After the loop, Sabre comes back. Except this time, the Sky People start to follow. They are welcomed as they come, and are settling in the RQ world. Sabre and his people build a place for them, with a portal hub in the center of that town for easy travel)

Context: A few people went to stay extensively in the Violet Kingdom because their powers would help with a current problem, however it had to be cut short because of an... effect.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

I was just talking with a few of the Leaders near the portal hub in the new town, when we hear uproarious laughter coming from nearby.

M, the Indigo Leader, the Orange Leader, and I all turn our heads towards the noise.

"What on earth is that about?" M wonders aloud.

"I dunno, let's check it out." I say.

When we reach the portal hub, we realize it's coming from in front of the Violet portal. The Violet Leader walks over, snickering.

"What's going on?" The Orange Leader asks.

"Yeah, what's everyone cackling about?" I add.

"So, remember how a bunch of Sabre's people have been staying in my kingdom to help with that issue about those wisps?" The Violet Leader says, holding back more laughter.

"What about it?" The Indigo Leader says.

"Well... something happened." The Violet Leader says, looking towards the portal.

That's when we see what all the commotion's about, and start laughing as well.

There's the group that was staying in the Violet Kingdom... but they're all covered in splotches of bright neon pink. Their hair, their clothes, even some parts of their skin, all of it. Just- pink. Only a few spots of their normal colors show. Some are laughing as well, but most look extremely annoyed by the change.

"Now how did- How did that happen?" M says between breaths, calming down.

"Our people are built to adapt quickly to where we're living." I explain, facing the Leaders. "That's how the group that's exploring the snow biomes suddenly developed white hair and became more naturally suited for cold weather, or the group exploring the caves suddenly got night vision. I guess since they've been staying in the Violet Kingdom for so long..."

"The aura we have that turns our environment pink after living there long enough turned them pink as well." The Violet Leader says, knowing what I was about to say. He's still laughing as a few Steves and others of my people are playfully teasing the group.

"Exactly. And it can lead to some... funny situations." I say.

"It's not so funny if you're the one that's pink." A familiar voice says next to me.

I turn to see Lucas has walked up next to me, and he's pink as well. The Leaders and I can't keep our laughter as we see all of the red Lucas has on him has turned a bright violet, accenting his now pastel rosy hair. One of his eyes has even turned magenta, matching one of the splotches of neon pink now on his skin.

"Shut up." Lucas growls as I'm still laughing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just- BRUUUUH." I reply, motioning to him.