~| Day 28: Crash |~

Sorry this one's late guys, I got sick yesterday and was at the doctor for like 2 hours because there was a long wait time, and then I had to wait another hour or so to pick up some medicine, and then just took a nap once I got home =v=

This one's gonna be short, but I'm gonna get back on track though!

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Alien (Sabre is an alien that made himself look more 'normal' with shapeshifting abilities after arriving in the Realm when the shop he was on got taken over by something. After the loop reset, everyone finds out this secret when the abandoned ship can be seen in the sky, and Time sees what Sabre actually is one morning)

Context: Sabre talks to time about what happened to his ship.

—————————————————————————————————————

[3rd Person POV, because why not]

Sabre sat on the couch while it stormed outside, worried for what would happen if the commandeered space vessel above the clouds was brought down because of the lightning. He doesn't know what caused all the systems to crash and take his friends, but he doesn't want to find out just yet.

Time walks into the room holding two mugs of cocoa, and hands one to Sabre as he joins him on the couch.

"Thanks, Time." Sabre says as he takes the mug.

"It's no problem, Sabre." Time says. "I just wanted to cheer you up a bit."

Sabre smiles at his friend, glad that he was the one that saw his true form first. It was still scary when Time saw, of course, but he was surprisingly calm about the situation and made sure nobody freaked out when Sabre had to tell everyone else.

The two sit in silence for a moment, the sound of rain pattering on the windows being interrupted occasionally by thunder.

"So..." Time says. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but... what exactly happened back on your ship before you got here?"

Sabre pauses for a moment, then turns to Time.

"To be honest... I don't really know myself." Sabre explains. "By the time we knew something was wrong, it was too late. Whatever got onto the ship had already crashed most of the systems, and over half of the crew had disappeared. We found out that the thing on the shop was taking people and trapping them in these weird cocoons in the engine room just before it attacked everybody left. I was only able to escape because one of my friends shoved me into a lifepod at the last second."

"Oh, that's terrible..." Time says, giving Sabre a hug. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"It's okay Time, it's not like you caused it to happen." Sabre replies, returning the hug. "All we can do now is hope the ship doesn't crash into the planet, really."

Time lets go of his alien friend and looks out the window. The shadow of the spacecraft is still visible through the grey clouds.

"Actually, I over heard some Colorless Guards and Light talking about something." Time says. "They want to find a way up there so they can both prevent the ship from crashing and take care of whatever took over it. It would've been a problem anyway, but I heard Light saying he wanted to return the favor for helping all of us and help you."

"Really?" Sabre asks, surprised.

"Really." Time smiles. "It's about time people helped you too."

"That aweso- Wait." Sabre starts, but realizes the pun in the sentence.

Time laughs as Sabre jokingly shoves his shoulder. The two return to conversation, waiting out the storm above them.