Chapter 22

Aly's POV

"pihu meri beti beti hai?"  I asked.  I know what the answer would be, just wanted to hear it from her. I got tears in my eyes when she shook her head in yes.

"jasmin kyu? kyu chupaya mujhe?"  I asked in a trembling voice. I started feeling weakness in my knees.

"Aly us time itna sab kuch hua, meri nazro me us time tu mere parents ka khuni tha... me kaise..."  she stopped speaking as I picked up the vase from the front table and threw it on the ground.

i sat on the floor on my knees  "sab barbaad kar diya jasmin... humne sab kuch"  tears were continuously falling from my eyes but i was not bothered to wipe them away.

She sat on her knees, in front of me. keeping her hand on my shoulder she was about to say something but i jerked her hand away. she bit her lip to stop sobs.

she again kept her hand on my shoulder but i again jerked.

She tried again, but i didn't let her. 

she again put her hand on my shoulder but instead of jerking this time i hugged her.

i buried my face in her chest, sobbing loudly. she was continuously wiping my tears with her thumb and was kissing on my hair.

finding me a little calm she pulled away herself from me. but i don't know what came to my mind,  i pulled her closer to me by holding her waist and  i was about to kiss her but heard the voice of opening the door. i turned my face to find kabir standing there. jasmin pushed me away and got up.

"kabir aisa nahi hai, jaisa tum soch rahe ho vaise nahi" kabir didn't listen to her and walked away, jasmin followed him.

Oh god how can i forget that now she is married. i have to talk with kabir. isme jasmin ki koi galti nahi hai, mujhe kabir ko samjhana honga.

I got up and started walking towards their room. My feet stopped at the door of the room when I heard Kabir " jasmin divorce papers pe sign karo" 

I looked at Jasmin, there was no expression on her face, she took the pen and signed on the papers.
Kabir came out of the room and saw me. I don't know why I feel that even Kabir is not happy with this divorce. Don't know but there is something. I can see the pain in his eyes. I can see the love for Jasmin in his eyes. love ? If he loves Jasmin then why was he reacting like this last night? Why does Kabir wish that I came to know about Pihu? So many questions but answers.

I turn to Jasmin, she is still standing there, without moving, without saying anything. a tear came out of her eye. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly. she started sobbing in my arms. I was trying to calm her down. Neither before nor now, I can't see her breaking like this.

“pihu ko kaise bataugi me"  she said in a broken voice.

It's so painful to see her in pain.

“uske bare me kal sochege jasmin, abhi tu rest kar” palming her cheeks i kissed on her forehead.

I took her to the bed. Covering her with a blanket, I started pressing her head. After a while she fell asleep, kissing her on the forehead one more time, I was about to leave but she grabbed my hand.

"drama kar rahi thi sone ka"  i asked chuckling.

"nind nahi aa rahi" she said and sat on the bed. i signed and sat on the bed.

She slid forward a bit, held my hand with her both hands and placed her head on my shoulder. I started patting her head.  so much peace is there in each other's arms.

She lifted her head from my shoulder and looked into my eyes. Touched my face with her fingers.  I was losing myself in her touch.  I went close to her face and kissed her cheek, then her nose, then her eyelids, and then her ears. she started breathing heavily. I grabbed her waist and brought her closer to me. but before i could lose my senses and did something which I would regret in the future, I moved away from her.