Chapter Four

Austin Jackson ^ <3

"I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together."
-Julia Roberts

Amelia Donovan.

*********************************

As we make the right, our pathway transforms into a well-structured bridge that leads towards a stony path fixing a wooden, half-timbered cabin that seems to be very spacious inside. A bright, luminous blue river surrounds it and cuts through where the stone path leads. The double door is darker than the wood of the cabin and it has a gold frame around it. One large window is placed on both sides beside the door and the windows are so clear and clean that I was expecting too see right through, but cream color curtains seemed to cover them.

"You coming?" Austin asks a few feet away from me, his hands still in his pockets. I was so stunned by the glamorous, cabin that I even forgot he was here. Yeah, yeah, I know he saved my life and all, but he was rude. I hate people that treat me like trash for no reason.

The word 'hate' lingered through my mind and echoed repeating itself in my head. I've never actually hated anyone... and even if I had I never even admitted it. I never used the word. I guess I'm being too harsh. I guess there's something about this guy that radiates emotion from me. It's like if I'm feeling the slightest bit of any emotion, he heightens it. He is a ley line.

He gently pulls out his keys from his pockets and unlocks the door. As I take one last peak outside, I spot my mum's Range Rover on the parking lot and I'm relieved. I turn around and I look through the door and notice Austin rushing up the stairs, probably going to his room.

I step in, on the hard stone floor, and close the door behind me.

I slowly look around, swallowing my surroundings.

Ahead of me are the large stairs. On both sides of the stairs are hallways that could lead to the living room and the other to the kitchen. The room is beautiful and palatial. The walls on the side contain thousands of pictures of the Jacksons' family. I've only met Emily once but I've never actually met her family. After all, they do live two hours away...

"Amelia, darling you are here!" I hear a cheerful voice call from the left hallway, which must be the kitchen. Emily is wearing a black and white apron around her small waist, and her dark, baggy jeans are held loose over her body. She is quite a petite person. I've always liked her because of her style. She's wearing a dark, green headband over her gorgeous blonde hair, that Austin probably inherited from, and as always wearing no makeup.

She's always been this simple person on the outside, but on the inside she's the most ecstatic, merry person you'll ever, graciously, meet. At least that's what I heard from my mother...

I shoot her a big smile and accept her warm hug. She smells like enchanting perfume and at the same time oil and eggs.

"Oh, dear what happened to you? Why are you covered in mud?"

She leads me into the kitchen and I see my Mum sitting on a blue carpet next to the counters with a little boy. My mum's holding a small dinosaur and they seem like they've been playing for some time. On the left are modern grey counters, a beautiful, black, vintage stove, and a few plates placed on top of the counters.

The eggs, the bacon and the french toast have already been served on big plates and three stools are stood in front of the counters.

"Oh, uh, a car driving in full speed splashed mud all over me..." I tried to hide the small wound and I gave her a reassuring smile that I'm alright.