Chapter Eleven

"And she wishes, truly wishes, that she could say the same herself. Because hurting herself would be so much easier."

― Amy Efaw, After

*********************************

It's already been 2 days since I last spoke to Austin. It was from that night when he surprised me by locking his lips with mine. The night everything could have gone out of control. After that night I didn't understand anything anymore. Nothing made sense after that.

His lips lingering upon mine with hunger and passion kept flashing back in my mind. The way he held me like he was scared of letting me go, the way our breaths sounded so loudly and hungrily, and the sensation of his lips catching mine desperately everytime our lips separated, was all too much.

My thoughts shut down as soon as our lips crashed. My common sense and consciousness quietened down. And at that moment I didn't care about anything but only kissing him.

My lips immediately responded to his, creating a beautiful choreography of tender, passionate kisses, seeping us into a timeless dream. Our breaths were the only proof that we were still alive.

He held my waist tight enough that I couldn't move or escape, and he cupped my cheek bringing me even closer to his mouth. My hands searched his chest with the need for exploration and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips slowly traced my face with tender kisses until he reached my neck. He started sucking gently and gave me a ruthless sensation that made me go crazy. As soon as he gained a moan out of me I felt him smile slightly over my skin and began sucking even harder on my exposed neck.

I remember feeling so out of control. He managed to destroy an invisible, indestructive wall I had been building for some time, in the price of one kiss. I couldn't stop myself from trying to dig in and search his body more. Without questioning my brain first, I took off his shirt so quickly that I now remember how quickly he helped me take it off too. Our breaths refused to calm down and our surroundings couldn't interrupt us. No one and nothing could.

I let my fingers linger along his toned stomach. As I did, he looked at me intensely with desperation gleaming in his eyes. As my fingers slowly lingered lower he caught my hand midway to the belt of his jeans and his breathing got even heavier. He let go of my hand and pulled my pajama top off in seconds, leaving me in my light pink, lace bra.

"Wow," he whispered in awe and I couldn't help but look on the floor, trying to block out the bad memories.

"Don't Liam!" I shout with a salted taste sitting on my tongue from my falling tears. His grip is tight around my thighs and it's so painful that I'm sure the bruises he will cause will remind me of this very night for a long time. 

But what I'm mostly scared of right now is his hand that's released one of my thighs and is now battling with his belt drunkenly. This cannot be happening to me.

I'm Amelia Donovan. 16-year-old Amelia Donovan. 16-year-old virgin Amelia Donovan. Amelia. A beautiful name just like my mother would always say. Donovan. My dad's last name. My dad that loves. My dad that can't be here to save me right now. Amelia Donovan with all the friends and the attention and the unneeded popularity. With the supposedly perfect life.

Amelia Donovan.

That sounds like a stranger to me. 

Austin is shaking my hand rapidly trying to get me to stop crying,

"Amelia, why are you crying?" His eyes are full of sadness and compassion and I slowly look up into his eyes. 

Cold fear rushed all over me. It made me stop crying and I pushed him away. I wanted his lips on mine again but at the same time, I was terrified of him realizing how broken I am. I was terrified of what could happen if things went too far. My trust for guys and my desire to go further ended the day he took my innocence.

"Don't Austin!" I shout at him when he reaches to cup my cheek as a desperate attempt to comfort me.

And I ran. As fast as I could. In the middle of the night, where anything could happen. But somehow I found it safer to be alone in the middle of the dark forest rather than with Austin.

-

A light knock brings me back to the present and I immediately try to calm myself before I answer,

"Uh, come in," My voice comes out trembling and before the door opens I try to take a few deep breaths. 

I haven't really left this room for 2 days.

Not only because I haven't been myself lately, but also because mum continues to restrain me inside this house.

She may be trying to make up for the months and maybe years she has missed from my life, but forcing me to come here and isolate me isn't the key to fixing our relationship.

"Honey, can I come in?" She peaks her head from the door and when she notices that I'm awake she takes a step inside, revealing a tray of food. One slice of bread with strawberry jam on it, a morning brewed coffee and a bowl of  Emily's fresh fruit salad.

I let out a heavy sigh when I realize that she's trying to feed me again like a lost puppy.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday..." She gives me a worried smile and places it on the desk next to my laptop where I'm sitting. I take a quick peak of the food and look back at her.

"Mum, can you stop worrying about me for a second? I'm eating just fine."

"I know honey, I - I'm just worried."

"Don't be. If I eat will you stop bothering me and checking up on me every 5 seconds?" Her eyes shimmer in victory and nods,

"Well, there's a Bulls game tonight, so I thought maybe we can all watch it together." Her expression is full of desperation and hope.

My stomach sinks at the thought of watching the Bulls.

"Sure." I wave her off and she nods happily. Her shoes click on the light brown, parquet and the door slowly closes as she takes a last look at me.

A frown automatically forms on my face as I remember the last time I watched the Bulls.

It was with my Dad and sister... It hurts just thinking about them, and the fact that they haven't called has made me worry sick.

I look towards the tray of food and pressure myself to eat as much as I can, for my mother's sake...

*********************************

I never thought that love could feel like this - then you changed my world with just one kiss." ~ N Sync

OMG! I'm so tired, it's like 1 am and I have to go to school tomorrow for one last math lesson before my Exam and here I am writing this chapter <3

Tell me what you guys think! Did you like it? Enjoy it? Hated it? Please don't be a silent reader, I would really appreciate your thoughts and comments!

Any feedback and a rating out of 10 would really be appreciate right now. I need to know if I'm doing a good job with this chapter because I don't know if I should continue it or not.

Follow my twitter account: @melina12309

Write for you guys soon <3 Toodles :*