Chapter Twenty One

*SUPRISE COMING UP! CLUE: LOOK AT THE IMAGE ON TOP.*

"Hey girl, what are you up to?" I hear Jenna say calmly through the phone. After I ran up the stairs, I hadn't realized how tired I was, and so I drifted off to sleep at 8:00 pm. I hadn't even realized that I was too caught up with this Austin drama, that I've been avoiding my friends for some time, so when I woke up I decided to call Jenna.

"Hey Jen, just locked in my room, dying from boredom. Can I come over?" I ask her, fiddling with my hair. I knew that after what I heard Austin say, him falling for me and breaking up with his psycho girlfriend, that I seriously need a break.

"Yeah, of course! Caroline is still sleeping and Skyler and I are in the pool. We've got a lot to tell you. Bring your swimsuit!" I hear Jenna giggle and a smile raises upon my lips. At least my friends are happy.

****

"Spill the info." I smile at Skyler and Jenna as I approach them in the pool. I wiggle out of my red sundress revealing my black swimsuit. 

I sit on the edge and paddle my feet in the pool. Swinging them back and forth, Jenna and Skyler share a wink.

"Well, apparently Skyler and the mysterious dude from the previous party are getting a little too serious." They both giggle and Skyler splashes Jenna water.

"Not too serious!" She raises her hands in defense when I raise an eyebrow, and I burst into laughter.

"Skyler, if you feel you're ready, just go for it! We're 17 for heaven's sakes."

"I know, I just don't want you to feel like you need to do it too... you know because of -"

"Zip it, Skyler. We said we don't talk about that night ever again!" Jenna says through gritted teeth. I hate how much this has affected all of us. How Liam has destroyed all of us a little.

"Look, let's all calm down," I bravely say and Jenna takes a few breaths before she comes back to her real, elated self.

"Last night, this group of mysterious, hotties joined the party! I tried to hit on the most innocent-looking one, and I finally made Josh jealous!" Jenna giggles and her immediate bipolar emotions startle me.

When I show no interest in knowing who those guys are, Jenna presses on.

"Oh come on Amelia, stop looking uninterested, you seriously need a boyfriend!" I shrug and I answer blankly,

"I just don't want one right now, simple as that." I fiddle with my hair and before I know it, Jenna is dragging me inside the pool.

"Try to have some fun once in a while Am!" She shrieks and I splash water on her. In that brief moment when we're all giggling and splashing water onto each other, I feel alive. I don't know if it's just the sun hitting my face, lighting me up, or the cold water powering me up, or just my laugh that hasn't come out for a while, but I finally say,

"I wouldn't mind meeting new guys for a change, let's have fun tonight!"

"That's the spirit!" Skyler laughs and spills about the existence of a new club that opened just a few km away. Apparently one of the guys that she met last night told her about the new place.

"See you tonight girls! Be here at 8 pm sharp, we don't want to be late! Oh, and wear something sexy." Jenna comments excitedly and lies on the sunbed. I nod eagerly and finally exit the house with some life in me.

I have 2 hours to get ready and sneak out without Austin noticing I am gone. Perfect plan: Mission stay-as-far-away-from-bad-boy-as-possible is in motion.