Chapter Seven

"The bottom line is that we never fall for the person we're supposed to."

*********************************

"Oh my god, you look stunning Am!" Shouts Jenna through the loud music coming from her enormous, Marshall speakers.

I chose a stunning, dark, blue dress that flows to my thighs, and paired it with skin-colored high heels.

Apparently, Jenna's summer parties are always a big thing. Caroline, an obsessive, amazing party organizer, helps her organize her parties every year and they are always equally amazing. The only parties I have fun at are definitely Jennas.

I thank her for the compliment and finally look around. My eyes immediately absorb the beautiful, yellow lights hanging around the roof, and I spot the same ones outside around the pool. Bowls of popcorn and chips dominate the tables, and pizza is placed in every plate, expecting a guest to eat it.

People I don't know, surround the area, and I let out a sigh of relief. I always prefer not to know people at parties. I've always liked making new friends instead of sticking with the old, boring ones. Except for my best friends, that's a totally different situation.

"So, where is your hot friend Austin?" I turn around to see Jenna leaning in next to me and searching the place like a wild predator hungrily looking for its prey.

"Uh, I don't think he's coming..." She immediately looks at me, with an unrecognizable expression and shoots me a glare,

"Why? I invited him and he accepted." Actually, I'm glad he didn't come, he finally listened to me.

"Sorry Jen, maybe he'll come next time."

"When he does, will you introduce us?"

"Didn't you get introduced a few hours ago?" I raise my hands to my hips. Where is she going with this?

"Well, yeah, but I would prefer it if it was, you know, a bit more intimate." She purrs. My eyes widen as I realize that she's definitely into him. God. Way to go Austin. You've just fallen into one of Jenna's spider webs. I guess I should give them a shot. Nothing is going on between us anyway, and I'm not planning to.

"Definitely, he's all yours." I smile at her, and I see a hope of gleam in her eye.

"Thanks, you're the best." She sings and disappears into the crowd.

I let out a sigh I didn't realize I was holding and spot the bar in the corner of the room, the only part that is not surrounded by lights.

Well, that's going to keep me busy for some time.

******

It's pitch black outside, and the party has been taken inside the pool.

I groan in regret and curse myself for having five shots of Vodka in 5 seconds.

I am now standing in front of the sink of the bathroom downstairs, attempting to take in a few breaths.

When I finally feel better, I grab the small suitcase I brought over for the sleepover tonight and take out my toothbrush.

Thankfully, the taste of bitter paste helps me get rid of the taste of the drinks and my eyes finally focus again.

I let out a sigh of relief and when I am ready to open the door, a guy dressed in black, ripped pants, like he's ripped them himself, and a white t-shirt soaked in alcohol, bursts inside and shouts in demand of weed.

"Oh, hi there." He gives me a wicked smile, that brings shivers through my body. I immediately look down and grab my suitcase, not meeting his eyes. Maybe if I ignore him he'll go away.

"Hey, where are you going?" He immediately grabs me from my waist and I struggle to get off his grip.

"Let me go!" I shout. I let out a huge gasp when memories pervade my mind again. No. Not again. I try to hit his chest and bite his lips when he tries to join them with my mine, but it's no use. My brain immediately reminds me of what I could've done in the past and could've stopped this and I finally find the energy to kick in between his legs, against his crotch.

Unfortunately, the kick isn't that strong as booze is still traveling through my veins but it is enough for him to let me go. As I try to make a run for it he catches my wrist and stabs his nails through my tender skin.

I let out a scream, that was probably not audible because everyone was outside and the music was drowning my scream of horror.

As I try to keep moving, trying to make him release my wrist, I finally kick him again and he lets me go.

As I take slow steps away from the bathroom from horror, I see him inside, standing up on his weak, drunk feet and ready to run and catch me when my back collides with someone's chest and I feel two warm arms wrapping around my wrists. With caution and the fear of danger, I immediately push the body away from me before looking to see who it is.

"Hey - hey Amelia. It's me, you okay?" He raises his hands in defeat position to show me that he's not going to hurt me, and when my eyes meet with his, a shiver runs through my body. I don't know what it was. Anger? Shock? Relief?

"You came?" My eyes widen in disappointment, and I look down not meeting his eyes. He opens his mouth to speak, when I cut him off,

"Don't...just don't."

"Did he hurt you?" He says in caution, his jaw clenching, avoiding my question and disappointment. He points to someone behind me, and I'm sure that it's that creep, but I refuse to turn around and ignore his question, just like he ignored mine.

"I don't need your help okay? Just leave me alone." I dust off my dress, straightening it out and shivers run through me from the thought of that guy touching me.

"I don't get you!" I hear him shout from about a few feet away. I am now going down the stairs, taking big, far steps, in need of running away from everyone.

Everything. Fear and thousands of thoughts and possibilities ask me what could've happened, if Austin wasn't there. No. No! I don't need his help. He didn't listen to me, again! He came. How could he? God, who am I kidding? Why would this guy be listening to me? He doesn't even know me. Exactly! He doesn't know me. And just because he doesn't know me, he better stay away from me.

*********************************

"Once you make sure you don't accept someone who makes you feel horrible, you can start finding someone who makes you feel great. But once you realize the person that has made you feel both horrible and great, is the same person, he's the one."

Hey guys! So new update, this is probably going to be one of the last updates I will write before I stop for 3 weeks, so I really need your help. Before I continute this story, I need you guys to tell me if you're enjoying it, and give me a rating /10 of each chapter, just to make sure that I'm not writing shit.

Also, please don't be a silent reader, comment and vote if you're enjoying it!

Love you guys!

Any grammar errors/mistakes will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please you guys, remember that in order for me to keep going with this, I need to know if there's any over exaggerating, or very little emotion is describe I don;t know anything, I just need you to tell me :)

Write for you guys soon <3