Chapter Thirteen

"We accept the love we think we deserve." - The Perks of being a Wallflower.

*****

I try to squeeze my eyes as tight as possible, not wanting any of the morning sunshine to reach through because I know that if it does, I will immediately wake up.

I groan when I realize I can't go back to sleep and throw the covers off the bed.

I just sit there. Remembering all of last night.

Austin kissing me again, and then when I went downstairs to see the Bulls with everyone else.

Austin apparently locked himself in his room, with Skrillex blasting from his room the whole night we were downstairs, so when I asked if he wanted to come down and watch the match with us, he didn't even bother answering.

I don't know why he's acting like this again. He's avoiding me repeatedly, and I'm getting very annoyed. He kisses me twice, and every time he does it's like it never happened. It's seriously killing me...

My eyes immediately widen in pain when I remember my Dad's cold, heartless words,

"Please don't call me again. Your sister and I are alright, only if you stay away and leave us be..."

Tears sting my eyes, but I shut them immediately, refusing to feel sad about my discouraging father and stubborn sister. I'm not crying today! I'm having fun... because I'm sneaking out.

Jenna finally reached me last night, after a thousand tries of trying to find service and told me that they're going to a beach party tonight. I'm refusing to miss out on it!

When I'm finally awake enough to stand up, I have a quick shower and decide to wear a tight, plain blue shirt, with black, baggy shorts. I shake my long, blonde hair, and let it loose because it looks surprisingly tidy today.

"Morning!" Emily sings when I reach the kitchen. She is sitting on one of the stools feeding little Jason and Mum is reading a book, on the other stool next to her.

I smile at them and prepare some cereal on the kitchen counter.

"So, what are our plans today?" My mum says to me, leaving her book and standing up. I see some excitement in her eyes, but I'm obviously not hanging out with her when there's a party tonight.

"Actually, I'm not feeling well today, and especially after the Bulls loss, I'm not really in the mood." I see her excitement fade away, but there's still a small smile playing on her lips, probably because she's seeing me eat.

I eat some of the cereal and nod her off,

"Going up."

I smile at Emily and finally head up. Even though there's no wifi and hardly any service, I still enjoy my time on my laptop. I write my thoughts. I convert them into poems or short stories, since my psychologist told me it would be a good idea to get my feelings and emotions under control.

As I'm about to open the door of my room, I hear Austin's open at the same time.

"Austin." I breathe when I finally see him. I can't even manage to speak anymore without my heart going crazy and beating so unbelievably fast. His hair is ruffled and it seems like he hasn't gotten any sleep. My mouth is ready to shout out for him, but my mind refuses to.

His eyes shift on to me and I immediately look down, pretending I never saw him.

I really don't feel like facing him right now. And anyway, I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine...