Chapter Twenty - Seven

I want to say I deserve better and mean it. I want to say I give up and believe it. I want to say Im moving on and do it.

When I walk inside I see Jenna and Caroline sitting on the stools in the kitchen, with a cup of coffee in one hand and the other holding their tipsy heads. Skyler is sitting on the couch and is talking on the phone with an urgent look on her face. When they all see me their eyes widen and they rise up to their feet before they rush to me frantically.

"Oh my god! Girl where were you?!" Asks Jenna and Caroline covers her mouth with her hand.

"Thank god, she just arrived thank you so much for the help." Says Skyler and closes her phone. They all stay there staring at me probably waiting for me to say something, but I'm as confused as they are.

"Why do you guys seem like you've seen a ghost?" I ask them, and slowly let my purse fall on the small table next to the big, glass, front door.

"Where were you?!" Caroline finally bursts the silence.

"We were so worried! Why weren't you answering your phone? I was just about to send a police officer looking for you!" Says Skyler, and then realization that I'm safe hits her, and she hugs me again. I slowly process what's going.

"You guys were the ones that weren't answering! I called you all about 300 times each... I guess there was no signal in there."

"We lost you in the club. Where did you go?" Asks Jenna cautiously and worryingly. I knew that she was the most difficult one to talk to about Liam, but she had to know. They don't need to know about Killian yet... I just believe that it's better to keep their criticization locked away for a bit because I know how they start about a guy like him.

"It's a long story... Can I stay over?" They all nod eagerly and we go to sit down on the couch, Jenna giving me a glass of water and all ready to listen about my terrible/amazing night. All about Jenna's crazy, obsessive ex-boyfriend, skipping the part where a gorgeous stranger saved me and took me in the middle of the forest, and then getting to the part where Austin came to pick me up and our fight... and not about me storming off, but instead of him bringing me here. I know... a lot of skipping, but they're not considered lies! Just making sure I'm not criticised for my stupid actions.

****************

The beautiful, dim light rushes through my eyes as soon as I open them. It looks like we all fell asleep while talking on the couch. I uncurl from the ball I was sleeping in, and try to stand up. I blink rapidly trying to gain my vision and slowly walk along the enormous, sliding doors that lead to the pool. It's amazing how it seems like the Sun is touching the pool water. Even how far it is from the pool, it still seems like it's here. That's how I feel about my Dad and sister... Even though they hate me and are so many miles away from me, they're still close to my heart. The extraordinary colors of the sun, both yellow and orange flow through the house and create a dazzling atmosphere: Perfect for a new day.

"Wakey, wakey idiots!" I shriek to the girls and they all groan and mutter curse words at me. But I don't care, I still hold a smile on my face, and walk towards the kitchen. Jenna had the fridge stocked! Or at least the poor cleaning lady she brought up here to clean up from our mess, and stock every day, did.

I let a deep yawn take over me, and I thank god I'm not having a hangover like the others. Time to make delicious french toast and scrabbled eggs.

"Stop making noise!" Shouts Skyler as I take the frying pan out.

"Your stomach will thank me later," I say back to her, and she groans trying to hide from the sun.

After a couple of minutes, we're all awake and sitting on the stools of the gray kitchen counters.