Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

It was finally time for Qamar to leave the hospital. He was excited to take her home, she had stayed at the hospital for so long that it was driving her mad. She never said that, but he knew she was fed up of this place.

He finished all the discharge formalities. Maryam was helping Qamar change while he went to talk with her doctor for the prescriptions and follow up checkups. After meeting the doctor he headed towards Qamar's room.

"Hey princess ready to leave?" He asked Qamar who was looking around the room with nostalgia. He walked closer to her as Maryam left the room after he entered.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked when she didn't reply.

"Nothing, it's just that this place has seen my worse and good days, my tears and fears, my smiles and my hollow eyes. I thought I would die in this room too. Never for once in these years did I think I would go home one day. It feels too good to be true. She said tears brimming in her eyes.

Allah makes the impossible possible. He has the ability to do things which seem impossible. We need to thank Him for blessing us with this day." He said to her, hugging her. For there were days where he thought she wouldn't make it. Alhumdulillah for this day.

"Yeah you are right. " She said as she snuggled closer to him. He held her for a while, relishing in her closeness before letting go.

"Ready to leave this place?" He asked her with a smile.

"Ready like never before." She said smiling at him.

Hand in hand they left the hospital with smiles on their faces.

*

"Oh there's a surprise waiting for you at home." He said casually. They were randomly talking about things when he dropped this surprise thing in between their conversation.

"What surprise?" She asked.

"It won't be a surprise if tell you, would it?" he said smiling devilishly.

"You are so evil. Why would you randomly spill about it if you didn't want to say it? Wait, you are doing this on purpose to annoy me right." She asked rolling her eyes in annoyance as he burst out laughing, proving her point.

"I wanted to prepare you mentally and physically for it. Can't have my wife going unprepared now can I?" He said trying to keep his laughter in control as she narrowed her eyes on him. Wow if looks could kill.

"Yeah right like I was about to march into a battlefield and you have now given me a sword and armor to fight. Thank you so much." She said sarcastically clapping to show how much she appreciated it.

He lost the plot and burst out laughing at her and a little while later she joined him too. It was in these little moments that he realized how important Qamar was for him, for he had lived without her for so long and moments like these had been lost long ago. The fact that he was living in these moments instead of just dreaming about them made him so happy and grateful that he was living them.

"You know it's not good to tell someone that there is surprise and leave them on the edge trying to figure out what it is. Especially if it is a sick person who just came out of the hospital." She said breaking him out of his reverie.

"I am sorry I did that but we are very close to our home. So you see it for yourself." He said raising his hands in surrender.

"Hands on the car mister. Sorry my foot you are enjoying this way too much." She said rolling her eyes.