Chapter 8: My Magic Fairy

Valentina.

It's the weekend. I make my way through the hallway, towards the end, where Alice and Naomi are waiting for me. Everyone is talking about the party Jake is hosting tonight at his house. I hate to hear about it because it sucks to pretend not interested when I am practically dying to go to the party. I wish I was like Cinderella and a magic fairy granted my wish of going to the party.

I plaster a wide smile on my face and announce my presence to both of them. They look up from their phones.

"Oh, thank god you are here." Naomi goes, "Babe, I am confused between these dresses." She shows me pictures of two dresses. One is a black one, that looks a little slutty and another is long enough to cover her ass.

"Neither," I say and she makes a face.

"Told ya," Alice comments.

"I have nothing to wear!" Naomi remarks. I and Alice look at her with an 'are you kidding me' look. Naomi must have like a thousand dresses that she owns, when I say thousand, I mean a thousand dresses. "Let's go shopping." She adds.

"No!" I and Alice say in unison.

"Let's find something for you at your home," Alice says and I agree.

"Yes, no shopping please," I say. Shopping according to Naomi is hopping from one shop to another in search of a perfect dress that doesn't exist, until we are exhausted and crying to go home.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket. I take it out to see a text from Caleb.

'Going to the party?'

I look around. He stands afar leaning on the wall.

'No. You?'

He replies immediately.

'Only if you are going.'

"What are you smiling at?" Alice asks. I don't realize I was grinning at my phone.

"Nothing." I look at her and then at Caleb. He is staring at me. He has to stop doing that. I'm distracted!

"Come on. Let's go!" Naomi and Alice start walking and I follow them. I open his chat and I am about to type when I crash into someone.

Theo!

"Careful! Baby girl," he says. Alice and Naomi turn. I'm lost, in his aura. He stands close to me. Very close. His hands are on my waist. My hands are on his chest. I'm breathing fast. He smells nice.

I look around. Everyone is staring at us. I look at Caleb. He isn't standing there anymore. Where is my phone? I look for it. It's on the floor. Broken. Shit!

Theo looks down, at my now broken phone. He bends and picks it up for me.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. He inspects the phone. There isn't much damage to it, but it doesn't turn on. "Won't turn on," he shakes his head, "You'll have to buy a new one." He speaks. I purse my lips and nod. If getting a new phone was only that easy!

"Thank you," I whisper as he hands me my phone.

"Are you okay?" Alice comes to my side. I nod at her. "Come on, then we are getting late!" she tugs at my arm.

"See you at the party?" Theo smiles. I shrug and walk away from there.

Naomi walks ahead of us, talking to someone on her phone. Alice and I follow her. Caleb was right the other night. Rumours are going on in the school about me and Theo. I come to think those rumours aren't just rumours, given the changed behaviour of Theo towards me. There was something I was missing.