The Beyond

Hi. I'm still really not doing well in terms of focusing. If anything, it's probably worse than last week as you can tell from the pathetic 840ish words written. Only 3 or so chapters left to go though! I'm definitely not going to take a break this close to the end. I know this chapter is very short, but I'm going to give up on trying to make this one longer and work on making the next one better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness. It surrounds me. No way to tell if my eyes are open. No way which way is up, or which way is down. Am I even still alive? I don't know. All I see, feel, and hear is the darkness closing in. I feel like I'm downing. Trapped forever in an eternal black. How I long to see color again. Any color. Anything other than the suffocating darkness.

What was worse than the darkness though, was the lack of noise. There were no sounds here. No sounds of running water, wind, screams, or anything else. The silence drove me crazy. Sometimes I hummed a familiar song to comfort myself, but I stopped doing it after a while after it made my throat parched. There was no water here. My throat always begged for water now. I had no idea how long I had been here, but it couldn't have been that long if I hadn't died from thirst yet, right? To distract myself from everything, sometimes I close my eyes. You would think all I would see is darkness, right? But no.

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I see someone standing there. He has curly brown hair, mischievous chocolate eyes, and a laugh that was so familiar. Sometimes he is wearing his trenchcoat, all new & unlike the bloodied torn one I had. Other times, he is wearing a sunny yellow sweater or even just a plain white shirt. Every time, he smiles when he sees me, & invites me to go on some adventure with him. Who was he? It had been so long since I had seen him, yet here he was. Carefully preserved in my memory.

If only I could forget what happened to him. When I see him in my mind, I'm always eventually pulled away by the fact that I knew he was no longer here. The last time I had seen him, he was running through a dark forest with blood on his shirt and terror on his face. Running away from the piercing noise of a creeper. Running away from me. If only we had stayed together. Could I have prevented his death? Would he still be here with me now? Trapped together in a dark grave? I wasn't sure.

As I walked in the infinite darkness towards who knows what, my mind can't help but wander. I think about everyone & everything I met down here. Most weren't friendly, but some were. Tubbo, who was kind to me when I needed someone the most, and who risked his life so I could get away from the masked hunter. Puffy, who seemed impatient & short-tempered, but was willing to help me find my way when I was all alone. Philza, who had kept a watchful eye over me & who saved me from the flayed man. Sam, who let me leave unharmed, and who had pointed the way. Even in the darkest place, I guess there was always a bit of light.

Figuratively of course. Here, there was no light. No friends, no enemies, nothing. Nothing. I've been here for so long that I could almost swear I could start to see something in the distance. I'm not sure what it is. Was it some kind of light? What did light even look like anymore? Was I even getting closer? I didn't know...

Yes, there is definitely something there. Something bright. Could this be the portal? I walked a little faster towards it. I swear I could hear something. Some kind of music. It sounded like someone was playing a loud lively tune on the piano. It was very faint, but it was definitely there, just like the light. I wasn't sure what I would find there, but I didn't have a choice. I could go back & fade away into the darkness forever, or, I could go and face whatever was waiting for me. No matter what happened, even if I died a horrible death, I knew deep down that I had to do this. I had to know that I tried to escape from this place.

I ran.

I ran and ran.

The light grew brighter and the music grew louder. For the first time since I fell down here, I felt hope. Hope that this nightmare would soon be over, one way or another.

With hope rising in my chest, I closed my eyes and ran until the light was blinding and the music was deafening.