Chapter 1

Nothing new ever happens in the neighborhood that Lucas lives in. It is always the same for him day in and day out. There has not been anything new that has happened in years. He gets up and go to school and then he goes right back home. All of the other kids there neighborhood are either older than him or younger. He has never had anyone his age to hang out with. Everyday he wishes that there was someone his age who would move in next door so that he had someone to hang out with but he never thought that would actually happen.

Lucas was sitting in his room working on his homework when he looked up and saw a moving van across the street from his house. He jumped up from the chair and ran to the window to see what his new neighbors looked like. He was watching them unload the car when he saw a girl around his age climb out and start helping. He grabbed his shirt and ran down the stairs to find his mom in the kitchen baking.

"Have you seem that we have new neighbors mama. I saw them unpacking and they have a kid my age with them." He called to his mom as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah I was going to walk over some cookies and welcome them to the neighborhood if you want to come. If you are really that excited to know that we have new neighbors moving in across the street." She told him.

"Yeah let me grab my shoes and I will come with you." He called to her running up the stairs.

Lucas found his shoes and threw them on as well as a jumper because it was starting to get cold since it was October. He ran down the stairs and his mom was waiting by the door. She was shaking her head at him as he nearly fell off the bottom step of the stairs on his way down. When he got beside her she opened the door and walked out.

When they got to the neighbors house the moving truck was already gone. There were some boxes and stuff still outside that the neighbors hadn't quite brought into the house yet. His mom knocked on the door and the kid opened the door.

"Hello. We live next door and we wanted to welcome you to our neighborhood. Can I talk to your mom?" His mom asked her.

She nodded her head and walked back inside. She comes back a few minutes later with her mom. The two of them came out and stood on the front porch.

"Hi I am Johannah but you can call me Jay. This is my son Lucas. We live right next door. If you need anything don't be afraid to ask." His mom said.

"Hey I'm Alexis and this is my daughter Hailey. We just moved here and it is nice to know someone in the neighborhood. Would you two like to come inside for a bit." Alexis asked.

"I can't I have work in a bit but I'm sure that Lucas would like to hang out with Hailey." Lucas' mom said.

"Well come on in Lucas. Hailey how about you and Lucas go up to your room while I finish unpacking down here. I still have a few things to bring inside as well." Hailey's mom said.

"Why don't we help you bring the boxes inside before we go unpack my room mom. Some of those might be too heavy for you to carry." Hailey said.

Lucas said bye to his mom and gave her a hug before she headed back across the street to their house so she could get ready for work.

"I would appreciate the help." Her mom said as she headed outside with the two of them following her.

They all started grabbing boxes and taking them inside. Hailey and Lucas were taking the boxes where they were told until they get the rest of them inside.

"Thank you for helping me get the boxes inside you two. Why don't you two head up to Haileys room I will unpack the boxes that are down here." Her mom said. The two of them made their way up to the room her room.