Chapter 5

After they showed Hailey around a little bit they decided to stop at a shopping center and walk around for a little bit. They stopped at a clothing store and went inside it.

  "Come on. We have to get you a new outfit for your first day of school." Lucas told Hailey.

  "No we don't. I have plenty of clothes that I can wear." Hailey told him.

  "Yes we do. Come on. We are going to get you a new outfit weather  you like it or not." Lauren told Hailey.

  "Fine. There is no use arguing because it is three against one." Hailey told them.

  "Yay come on." Niall said grabbing her hand and running inside.

  Looked around for a while before they decided on an outfit for Hailey. She tried to buy it but Lucas had Lauren and Niall distract her while he went to buy it for her. She kept glaring at him the whole time. Lauren and Niall had their arms around her stopping her from grabbing the clothes from him and stopping him from paying for the clothes.

  "Really Lucas, I was going to buy that. You did not have to buy that for me. I am going to pay for lunch now and I don't want to hear you sat no." Hailey told him.

  "You sure you want to do that. Niall is going to buy everything on the menu where ever we go." Lauren said.

  "Yeah, I had a job before we moved here so I have money. Come on now let's go get something to eat I am starving." Hailey told them before walking out of the store.

  "I say we go eat at McDonald's." Niall said dragging them in that direction.

  After they all ordered Hailey paid and the four of them sat down to eat. They were talking about random things before Lucas got a text from his mom asking them to head back home because they had been gone for five hours. The four of them finished eating and started heading back to his house. On the way there Lucas noticed that Hailey started falling behind the rent of them.

  "You good Hailey. You are starting to fall behind us." Lucas said to her.

  "Yeah I am fine. I am just starting to get a headache." She told him.

  "When we get back to my house you can lay down for a bit." Lucas told her as they were almost to his house.

His mom was waiting by the front door when they got there. After they got inside Lucas grabbed everyone a water bottle out of the fridge and handed one to each of them. Hailey put it against her forehead because it was cold and it was still hurting.

"Is your head still hurting. Here let me go grab you some meds for you." Lucas said.

He left the room and came back with a bottle for her. He handed it to her and she grabbed some out and took it. Lucas sat beside her and she laid against the arm of the couch. He couldn't help but feel bad for her head hurting.

  "How about we watch a movie for a bit. Do you two have to go home today?" Lucas asked Niall and Lauren.

  "No I am free to stay again. My mum doesn't care how long I stay here because she knows I won't do anything bad here." Lauren said.

  "Yeah my mum just assumes I am going to be staying all weekend when I come over to stay one night." Niall said.

  "Well that's great. Let's see if Zach can come over if he is done hanging out with his girlfriend." Lucas told them as he put on a movie.

  Hailey and Lucas laid on one couch while Lauren and Niall laid on the other. They asked Zach to come over and he said he would be over in an hour. Hailey ended up falling asleep and her head was on Lucas' shoulder. He could not help but admire her while she slept. There was a knock on the door and Lucas gently moved Hailey so he could get up and answer it.